Dinner doesn’t have to break the bank in order to be good! At my household, we eat a lot of dishes made with chicken, one of the most affordable meats. If you enjoy meals made with this popular bird, you’ve just gotta take a look at this list of 15 easy chicken dishes for dinner.
I guarantee that it will save you both money and the hassle of wondering what to make for dinner. These chicken dishes are economical, easy to prepare, and quite comforting. From stews, casseroles, and pastas to pot pie, soups, a salad, and a healthy sandwich, this list delivers convenience to your table… and a huge smile on the face of the cook and the diners too!
Ready? All right, here go our easy, money-saving chicken dishes:
- One Pot Chicken in Lime Coconut Sauce — A delicious stew made with chicken drumsticks in a creamy lime coconut-vegetable sauce that can be served over rice or noodles. It is dinner made easy!
- Baked Chicken Parm with a Twist — Easy and tasty Chicken Parmesan stuffed with cheese, breaded with cornmeal, and baked directly in the oven. A great dish for weeknight meals!
- Chicken Stroganoff — chunks of chicken stewed in a flavorful and creamy sauce with mushrooms and fresh herbs. It can be served over rice or noodles. One of our most popular dishes!
- Grandma’s Chicken Soup (Canja de Galinha) — A gluten-free soup made from chicken, rice, vegetables and eggs, based on my Grandma’s family recipe.
- Buffalo Chicken- Sweet Potato Chowder — A hearty and creamy chowder with all the flavors of Buffalo chicken that you CRAVE– So good that it can be enjoyed all year round.
- Creamy Chicken Bacon Pasta Bake — Chicken, bacon, and pasta mixed with a creamy cheese sauce and baked in the oven with extra cheese on top.
- Chicken Casserole Nests — Pasta nests stuffed with morsels of chicken, cooked in the oven in a pool of tomato sauce.
- Stay in Shape Salad — a healthy, green salad (a.k.a. Stay-in-Shape Salad) with greens, feta, chicken, fruits, pecans, and champagne vinaigrette.
- Brazilian Chicken Enchiladas (Panquecas de Frango) — Homemade, thick crepe-like enchiladas filled with shredded chicken and topped with tomato sauce and cheese.
- Chicken Pot Pie — A family-size chicken pot pie made from pâte brisée and a comforting chicken-and-vegetable filling. A store-bought pie crust can be used instead, making the preparation of this dish much quicker.
- Chicken Shepherd’s Pie — This Brazilian-Style chicken shepherd’s pie is a homey, comforting one dish wonder or casserole that can be made from leftovers!!! It is made with mashed cassava or yuca and a hearty chicken-vegetable mixture.
- Beer Braised Chicken — a hearty and comforting stew made with chicken legs cooked with dark ale beer sauce, bacon, and vegetables. A fave of the guys!!!
- Chicken Fricasse with Shoestring Potatoes — Shredded chicken, heated in a jiffy with a blended, creamy mixture of heavy cream, cream cheese, and corn, topped with cheese and shoestring potatoes, and then baked.
- Chicken Sandwich — a mixture of shredded rotisserie chicken, light mayo, ketchup, raisins, carrots, lemon juice, and seasonings served chilled between slices of whole wheat bread. A healthy option to enjoy at home or to conveniently carry along with you anywhere you go.
- Hot Chicken with Cilantro Chimichurri — well-seasoned roasted chicken served with cilantro chimichurri sauce, the South American pesto.
Enjoy all our chicken dishes!!!