A 30-minute gluten-free, easy, and nutritious Spring Potato Salad made with mixed fingerling potatoes tossed with pesto sauce, fresh lemon juice, olive oil, bright spices, sweet tomatoes, artichokes, fresh mozzarella, and basil leaves.
Disclosure: This is a compensated campaign in collaboration with the US Potato Board and Honest Cooking. Thank you for supporting the brands that I work with and love.
- 2 lbs. mixed fingerling potatoes, washed and cut into halves
- 1 tablespoon plus ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ⅓ cup store-bought pesto sauce
- 1 (14-ounce) can whole artichoke hearts, drained (about 8-10 artichokes)
- 8 sweet tomatoes or yellow grape tomatoes
- ⅓ cup fresh mozzarella pearls
- 5 fresh basil leaves
- Place potatoes in a large pot. Add enough cold water to cover by 3 inches. Stir in 1 tablespoon salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 12-15 minutes. Drain in a colander and let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk olive oil, lemon juice, ½ teaspoon salt, cumin, and chili powder until homogeneous. Stir in the crushed red pepper and pesto sauce, and mix well. Add potatoes and toss to coat.
- Place tossed potatoes onto a serving platter and arrange artichokes hearts, tomatoes, and mozzarella pearls on top and sides. Cover and chill in the refrigerator. Right before serving, garnish with basil leaves. Enjoy!