7 New Year's Good Luck Food Recipes made with grapes, pomegranate, lentils, black eye peas, rice, and champagne to attract prosperity and more.
Do you have any special traditions or superstitions centered around the arrival of the New Year or Reveillón? Well, many cultures around the world do, and some are associated with food and numbers... more specifically, recipes made with rice, grapes, pomegranate, lentils, black eyed peas, or champagne, for starters. And in many countries the number 7 is considered a lucky number! With that in mind, I've prepared a list of 7 New Year's Good Luck Food Recipes to start off 2017 with wealth and prosperity.
From cocktails to a soup, appetizer and desserts... we deliver them all! Ready? Here we go:
1. Pomegranate Caipirinha by Easy and Delish (drink)-- a refreshing, ruby-like drink made with pomegranate, lime, sugar and cachaça (or white rum or vodka) to bring prosperity to the New Year.
2. New Year's Chamapgne Cocktail by Easy and Delish (drink)-- Recipe for a bubbly and refreshing cocktail made with champagne and orange juice to celebrate the New Year in style!
3. Black Eye Pea Fritters by My Colombian Recipes (appetizer)-- it's a traditional, gluten-free, flavorful dish from the Atlantic Coast of Colombia that can be served with lime and salsa on the side. Lucky you!
4. Beef and Lentil Soup by Easy and Delish (main)-- A hearty, nutritious, and delicious soup to warm up your body in the chilly temperatures and bring good luck.
5. Brazilian Rice Cake by Easy and Delish (dessert)-- A gluten-free, moist, and mildly sweet rice cake, prepared in the kitchen blender, to wish you prosperity. It has a sticky texture while is hot, and a grainy texture once it comes to room temperature -- similar to cornbread.
6. Coconut Rice Pudding Brulee by Dominican Cooking (dessert)-- A family rice pudding recipe with added coconut and a bit of French flair that produces a dish that is simple, yet refined.
7. Roasted Grape Champagne Cake by Sweet Life Bake (dessert)-- A semi-homemade cake topped with champagne buttercream frosting and roasted grapes. So simple yet so delicious!
Well, if you believe in good luck, prepare at least one of these New Year's Good Luck Food Recipes above, and good luck!
Anna @ shenANNAgans says
I'll take one of everything please, plus a couple extra champagne cocktails. I'm working NYE, but will be celebrating with family Christmas/NYE/birthday/housewarming at the end of January. Will totes be referring to your beautiful new shiny website for inspiration. 🙂
I don't much believe in luck but these recipes are divine! The Pomegranate Caipirinha would be a wonderful way to begin the New Year!
Karen (Back Road Journal) says
I always cook blackeyed peas on New Year's day for luck and like the fritter recipe for something different. Wishing you all the best in the New Year.
Looks like I will make them all to be lucky this year!
BTW Happy New Year to you and your family!
Denise Browning says
Thank you so much! Likewise.