Pinto Bean Meatballs
- 1 can BUSH's Cocina Latina Frijoles Charros Machacados (15.5 ounces)
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro or parsley plus more for garnishing
- salta and ground pepper to taste
- 1 large egg beaten
- nonstick cooking spray or olive oil
- ⅔ cup store-bought mild Mexican salsa puréed and warmed, or your favorite store-bought barbecue sauce
- In medium bowl, stir together mashed beans, breadcrumbs, cilantro or parsley, salt, and pepper. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary. Stir in the beaten egg until obtaining a homogeneous mixture. Let mixture rest for about 5-10 minutes to thicken. Using a Tablespoon as measurement, form about 26 "meatballs."
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; then, spray skillet with nonstick spray or pour enough olive oil to lightly coat skillet and pan-fry "meatballs." Transfer meatballs to skillet and let them cook, turning occasionally, for about 4 to 5 minutes or until browned on all sides and warmed through. Preferably, cook meatballs in batches to avoid overcrowding pan.
- Serve Pinto Bean "Meatballs" with warm Mexican salsa or barbecue sauce, garnished with chopped cilantro or parsley on top.
** Nutrition labels on easyanddelish.com are for educational purposes only. This info is provided as a courtesy and is only an estimate, since the nutrition content of recipes can vary based on ingredient brand or source, portion sizes, recipe changes/variations, and other factors. We suggest making your own calculations using your preferred calculator, based on which ingredients you use, or consulting with a registered dietitian to determine nutritional values more precisely.
Please note that health-focused and diet information provided on easyanddelish.com is for educational purposes and does not constitute medical advice, nor is it intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease. Consult with your doctor or other qualified health professional prior to initiating any significant change in your diet or exercise regimen, or for any other issue necessitating medical advice.
Leave a Reply