Pinto Bean Meatballs
- 1 can BUSH's Cocina Latina Frijoles Charros Machacados (15.5 ounces)
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro or parsley plus more for garnishing
- salta and ground pepper to taste
- 1 large egg beaten
- nonstick cooking spray or olive oil
- 2/3 cup store-bought mild Mexican salsa puréed and warmed, or your favorite store-bought barbecue sauce
- In medium bowl, stir together mashed beans, breadcrumbs, cilantro or parsley, salt, and pepper. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary. Stir in the beaten egg until obtaining a homogeneous mixture. Let mixture rest for about 5-10 minutes to thicken. Using a Tablespoon as measurement, form about 26 "meatballs."
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; then, spray skillet with nonstick spray or pour enough olive oil to lightly coat skillet and pan-fry "meatballs." Transfer meatballs to skillet and let them cook, turning occasionally, for about 4 to 5 minutes or until browned on all sides and warmed through. Preferably, cook meatballs in batches to avoid overcrowding pan.
- Serve Pinto Bean "Meatballs" with warm Mexican salsa or barbecue sauce, garnished with chopped cilantro or parsley on top.