Pinto Bean Meatballs
This is one of our 4 bean appetizers! These are MEATLESS "meatballs" with a zing. They can be served either with a Mexican Salsa or a Barbecue Sauce. Author: Denise Browning Recipe type: Appetizer -- PINTO BEAN "MEATBALLS" Serves: 26
- 1 can BUSH's Cocina Latina Frijoles Charros Machacados (15.5 ounces)
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro or parsley plus more for garnishing
- salta and ground pepper to taste
- 1 large egg beaten
- nonstick cooking spray or olive oil
- 2/3 cup store-bought mild Mexican salsa puréed and warmed, or your favorite store-bought barbecue sauce
- In medium bowl, stir together mashed beans, breadcrumbs, cilantro or parsley, salt, and pepper. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary. Stir in the beaten egg until obtaining a homogeneous mixture. Let mixture rest for about 5-10 minutes to thicken. Using a Tablespoon as measurement, form about 26 "meatballs."
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; then, spray skillet with nonstick spray or pour enough olive oil to lightly coat skillet and pan-fry "meatballs." Transfer meatballs to skillet and let them cook, turning occasionally, for about 4 to 5 minutes or until browned on all sides and warmed through. Preferably, cook meatballs in batches to avoid overcrowding pan.
- Serve Pinto Bean "Meatballs" with warm Mexican salsa or barbecue sauce, garnished with chopped cilantro or parsley on top.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?Comment and rate the recipe. Also follow us on Pinterest at @easyanddelish for more delish recipes.