Spicy Bean Corn Muffins
This is one of 4 bean appetizers. It's a spicy baked goodie inspired by corn muffins, incorporating a cornmeal base and pinto beans.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 11 minutes
Total Time 21 minutes
- 1 can BUSH's Cocina Latina Pintos a la Diabla (15.5 oz) drained (reserve both)
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped cooked smoked bacon optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a mini muffin baking pan with paper baking cups.
- Drain beans (reserve drained broth in a measuring cup) and then purée beans in a blender or food processor. If necessary, add water to the reserved broth to bring to 1 cup total.
- In a large bowl, mix together puréed beans, corn meal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add beaten egg, oil, the 1 cup of reserved bean broth, chopped cilantro or parsley, and bacon (if desired). Stir gently to combine.
- Using a cookie scooper, fill the paper cups ¾ full with the batter. Clean off any stray drips from the baking pan with a wet paper towel. Bake for about 10-11 minutes. Remove from the oven, let cool and enjoy!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?Comment and rate the recipe. Also follow us on Pinterest at @easyanddelish for more delish recipes.