Spicy Bean Corn Muffins
- 1 can BUSH's Cocina Latina Pintos a la Diabla (15.5 oz) drained (reserve both)
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg beaten
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- ¼ cup chopped cooked smoked bacon optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a mini muffin baking pan with paper baking cups.
- Drain beans (reserve drained broth in a measuring cup) and then purée beans in a blender or food processor. If necessary, add water to the reserved broth to bring to 1 cup total.
- In a large bowl, mix together puréed beans, corn meal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add beaten egg, oil, the 1 cup of reserved bean broth, chopped cilantro or parsley, and bacon (if desired). Stir gently to combine.
- Using a cookie scooper, fill the paper cups ¾ full with the batter. Clean off any stray drips from the baking pan with a wet paper towel. Bake for about 10-11 minutes. Remove from the oven, let cool and enjoy!
** Nutrition labels on easyanddelish.com are for educational purposes only. This info is provided as a courtesy and is only an estimate, since the nutrition content of recipes can vary based on ingredient brand or source, portion sizes, recipe changes/variations, and other factors. We suggest making your own calculations using your preferred calculator, based on which ingredients you use, or consulting with a registered dietitian to determine nutritional values more precisely.
Please note that health-focused and diet information provided on easyanddelish.com is for educational purposes and does not constitute medical advice, nor is it intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease. Consult with your doctor or other qualified health professional prior to initiating any significant change in your diet or exercise regimen, or for any other issue necessitating medical advice.