Easy One-Skillet Spicy Taco Shrimp Fajitas
An Easy One-Skillet Spicy Taco Shrimp Fajitas prepared in 30 minutes and served with gluten-free tortillas. A delicious everyday dinner or (a great excuse to put together a taco/fajita bar for entertaining)!
Cost $ 4.00 per person
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 3 bell peppers (orange, yellow and green), cut into strips
- 1/2 white or yellow onion, cut in half and sliced
- 1/4 purple cabbage, sliced (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 ounces large raw shrimp (clean, shell-and-tail off)
- 1 ounce taco seasoning mix (original)
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1 large and juicy lime
- 1-2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro or parsley, chopped
- 1-2 avocado(s), sliced
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 4-6 gluten-free tortillas or other of your choice If on a keto diet, use lettuce instead
- sour cream (optional)
Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil and cook bell pepper strips and onion for about 6-8 minutes or until softened. Season with salt and pepper and place onto a plate.
Then add the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil to the pan and cook shrimp seasoned with a mixture of taco seasoning and chili pepper for about 4 minutes or until cooked. Sprinkle on lime juice.
Last, arrange cooked shrimp and vegetables in the skillet, add sliced avocado, jalapenos, lime wedges, and fresh cilantro or parsley. Serve with gluten-free tortillas or lettuce instead, and enjoy!
ON A SMALL TABLE/COUNTER TOP/COFFEE TABLE: Lay out skillet of Spicy Taco Shrimp Fajitas, serving silverware, and tortillas placed inside of a tortilla basket to keep them warm (or alternatively, a platter covered with a warm clean napkin and aluminum foil).
Also, lay out paper baskets to arrange tacos in, or dinner plates, napkins, wine glasses, and a bottle of chilled Sutter Home White Zinfandel. If desired, decorate table with a vase of colorful flowers or any decorative Tex-Mex item. Eat and drink to the sound of a nice music soundtrack, and have a great time.
- I used store-bought gluten-free spinach tortillas, but you can serve with any tortilla of your choice.
- ARRANGING A FAJITA/WINE BAR:
Calories: 316kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 214mg | Sodium: 1262mg | Potassium: 642mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1840IU | Vitamin C: 123mg | Calcium: 171mg | Iron: 3mg
Comment and rate the recipe. Also follow us on Pinterest at @easyanddelish for more delish recipes.