5-Ingredient Easter Rabbit Hole Cookies
Easter Rabbit Hole Cookies are easy and quick to prepare... basically they are made with a mixture of 5 simple ingredients and don't require refrigeration in order to bake.
- 1 cup plus 2 teaspoons Nutella or Chocolate Hazelnut Spread or 12 oz, plus more to pipe on top of the cookies
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 5 oz all-purpose flour about 1 cup plus 1 teaspoon
- 2 oz granulated sugar 1/3 cup
- Wilton Bunny Paws to garnish optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl, combine all first 5 ingredients together using a wooden spoon at first and then, finish by hand. Make sure to obtain a dough that is homogeneous and slightly crumbly, yet soft enough to roll into balls. Dough should have a fudge-like consistency.
Using a teaspoon for measurement, scoop about 2 teaspoon at a time and place into the well of a mini donut baking pan. Make sure to press dough and mold in such a way that the hole in the center is not covered with dough. Bake for about 7- 8 minutes and let cool. Invert pan over a large baking sheet and if necessary beat with a spatula to remove them from the mold. Pipe Nutella on top of each cookie and decorate with a pair of store-bought icing bunny paws or sprinkles of your choice. Clean the donut baking pan and repeat the process. Yield: 36 cookies.
Comment and rate the recipe. Also follow us on Pinterest at @easyanddelish for more delish recipes.