No Bake Passion Fruit Meringue Pies
No-bake, quick, gluten-and-guilt-free Passion Fruit Meringue Pies that are great for intelligent entertaining!
- For the Passion Fruit Cream:
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk 14-ounce or 396 g
- 1 cup thawed passion fruit frozen pulp**
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- **NOTE: Frozen pulp must be completely thawed (i.e. liquid) before measuring. For highly concentrated passion fruit pulp (French brands), decrease amount of pulp to ½ cup.
- For the Meringue:
- 4 large Safest Choice Pasteurized Egg whites at room temperature
- 3 teaspoons cream of tartar to give stability to the meringue
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- For Garnishing: optional
- 4 passion fruits cut in half and pulp removed
Make the passion fruit cream by blending all 3 ingredients in a blender for about 1 to 2 minutes or until mixture is smooth, creamy, and thick. Pour in ramekins (2/3 to 3/4 full), cover, and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
Make the meringue: In a bowl of an electric mixer, beat egg whites with the cream of tartar starting at low speed and gradually increasing to high until egg whites get foamy and thicker. Add the sugar gradually while beating egg whites on high speed. Beat egg whites just until stiff and glossy -- Do not go further or texture will change! Add the vanilla, mixing just until combined.
Garnish the top of the passion fruit cream with the passion fruit pulp (seeds) – ONLY if desired! Then, using a large star tip or other tip of your preference, pipe meringue onto the crustless passion fruit pies. Toast meringue with a blow torch and enjoy! Passion fruit meringue pies can also be refrigerated and served later.
Comment and rate the recipe. Also follow us on Pinterest at @easyanddelish for more delish recipes.