How to Make Sweetened Condensed Milk Frosting with One Ingredient
Learn how to make sweetened condensed milk frosting and pie/tart filling with one ingredient in 1 minute or less. It's a genius hack!
Servings 15 Tablespoons
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 oz)
REFRIGERATE a can of sweetened condensed milk overnight. Open and pour sweetened condensed milk into a blender and blend for about one minute or less... or until sweetened condensed milk is so thick that the blender blades can barely move.
Turn the cup of the blender upside down and sweetened condensed milk frosting won't come down. That's how you know it is thick enough!
Then, spoon sweetened condensed milk frosting into a piping bag and frost cakes, or use it as a filling for tarts and pies. Preferably, refrigerate cake/pie/tart -- especially at summertime.
Of course, you can also just straight out eat it by the spoonful (MY FAVORITE WAY because, as you know, you have to taste everything that you make first, right?). ;)
- Any leftovers should be stored covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Where is sweetened condensed milk available? It's an international ingredient available around the world, such as in the U.S., Europe, Latin America, and Asia.
- What is sweetened condensed milk used for? Sweetened condensed milk is commonly used in baked goods/desserts such as pie fillings, fudge, pudding, or ice cream — and also as a sweetener in coffee (e.g. Vietnamese coffee) and tea. We also use it to make frosting.
- Can you eat sweetened condensed milk just by itself? Yes! It's also consumed with fruits as a snack in Brazil, or even by the spoonful when well beaten in the blender, transforming into "creamy sweetened condensed milk" or "spoonable sweetened condensed milk" -- which we suggested as a frosting here.
- Love sweetened condensed milk desserts? Try our Brigadeiros (Brazilian chocolate fudge balls)!
Calories: 84kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 33mg | Potassium: 97mg | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 70IU | Vitamin C: 0.7mg | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 0.1mg
Comment and rate the recipe. Also follow us on Pinterest at @easyanddelish for more delish recipes.