One Pan Keto Cauliflower Mac and Cheese with Chicken Thighs
Cauliflower Mac and Cheese with Chicken Thighs and Spinach is an one-pan dish made in 30 minutes, perfect as a keto, low carb, and gluten-free family meal. It's creamy, comforting, and can be enjoyed all year round!
- 2 1/2 lbs chicken thighs (bone-in, skin-on) (about 6 thighs)
- 3 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 16 oz frozen cauliflower florets
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 8 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 2 cups shredded white cheddar
- 1 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
Preheat oven to 425 F. Pat dry chicken thighs with paper towel and season them with 2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, and paprika on both sides.
Heat oil in a 12-inch cast iron skillet over medium-high heat and sear chicken thighs skin side down for 3-4 minutes or until browned. Third, flip thighs and bake for about 18-20 minutes.
Transfer to a plate and cover with aluminum foil. If needed, place a cup of water into the pan and scrub bottom with a wooden spoon to remove excess bits while heating on the stove top. Pour water out and dry inside with paper towel.
Meanwhile, while thighs are baking, place cauliflower in a microwave-safe bowl with 2-3 tbsp of water, cover with a plate, and cook for about 3-4 minutes, or until tender yet firm. Or, follow instructions on the frozen package.
Drain and set aside. Using the same pan, melt butter over medium heat and whisk in heavy cream, 1 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper, cream cheese, and cheese until sauce is smooth, about 2 minutes.
Add spinach and let cook for 1 minute. Arrange thighs on top, sprinkle chives, and serve cauliflower n' cheese with chicken.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Please, give it a star rating below!!
- To make this dish paleo, use this cashew "cheese" sauce instead.
- For a dairy-free version, substitute almond milk, DF Greek yogurt, and DF mozzarella for whole milk, cream cheese, and regular cheese.
- If needed, substitute oil for butter.
- Replace chives with any herb of your choice.
- If you don't have cauliflower, use broccoli.
- If you love pasta yet are looking to cut calories, make this dish using half cauliflower and half cooked macaroni.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for about 3-4 days.
- Freeze for up to about 3 months. Let thaw in the fridge and heat before eating. If needed, add a little bit of heavy cream for creaminess.
- Remove chicken skin before eating in order to cut on calories, if desired.
Calories: 983kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 41g | Fat: 88g | Saturated Fat: 45g | Cholesterol: 352mg | Sodium: 1715mg | Potassium: 731mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 2820IU | Vitamin C: 38.6mg | Calcium: 395mg | Iron: 2mg
Comment and rate the recipe. Also follow us on Pinterest at @easyanddelish for more delish recipes.