Maple Cinnamon Roasted Delicata Squash
Learn how to cook delicata squash in the oven. It's simple and quick! NO PEELING NEEDED. This roasted delicata squash recipe is vegetarian, low carb, and sugar-free! It's one of the most comforting and delicious side dishes ever.
Cost $ 0.50 per person
- 2 delicata squash washed and pat dry
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup for a keto/sugar-free version, use sugar-free maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes optional
- 2 tbsp Greek yogurt to drizzle (optional)
- 2 tbsp fresh pomegranate seeds optional
- 1 tsp fresh oregano optional
Preheat oven to 425 F. If desired, line pan with foil.
On a cutting board, slice each delicata squash in half lengthwise. Remove seeds using a spoon. Then slice squashes about 1/2-inch thick.
Place delicata squash into a large bowl and drizzle the oil on top. Sprinkle on cinnamon, salt and ground black pepper. Using your hands, mix to combine.
Place onto the sheet pan in a single layer. Bake for about 18-20 minutes or until fork tender. Transfer to a platter, sprinkle on red pepper flakes, and garnish with a drizzle of yogurt, pom seeds, and oregano. Enjoy!
- STORE in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Freeze in bags for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge and reheat before eating.
- Use real maple syrup if there are no dietary concerns, or a sugar-free maple syrup if you're on a keto or sugar-free diet.
- Red pepper flakes, Greek yogurt, pom seeds, and oregano are optional. But they add extra flavor to the dish!
- If you prefer, mix oil, syrup, and seasonings together right onto the sheet pan and then layer on the sliced squash in a single layer. You'll have one less bowl to wash!
- Looking for other holiday sides? Try this microwave mac and cheese, mashed sweet potatoes, sweet potato casserole, and low carb biscuits.
Calories: 105kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 13mg | Potassium: 547mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 2064IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 53mg | Iron: 1mg
Comment and rate the recipe. Also follow us on Pinterest at @easyanddelish for more delish recipes.