Maple Cinnamon Roasted Delicata Squash
Learn how to cook delicata squash in the oven. It's simple and quick! NO PEELING NEEDED. This roasted delicata squash recipe is vegetarian, low carb, and sugar-free! It's one of the most comforting and delicious side dishes ever.
Cost $ 0.50 per person
- 2 delicata squash washed and pat dry
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup for a keto/sugar-free version, use sugar-free maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- 2 tablespoon Greek yogurt to drizzle (optional)
- 2 tbsp fresh pomegranate seeds optional
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano optional
Preheat oven to 425 F. If desired, line pan with foil.
On a cutting board, slice each delicata squash in half lengthwise. Remove seeds using a spoon. Then slice squashes about ½-inch thick.
Place delicata squash into a large bowl and drizzle the oil on top. Sprinkle on cinnamon, salt and ground black pepper. Using your hands, mix to combine.
Place onto the sheet pan in a single layer. Bake for about 18-20 minutes or until fork tender. Transfer to a platter, sprinkle on red pepper flakes, and garnish with a drizzle of yogurt, pom seeds, and oregano. Enjoy!
- STORE in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Freeze in bags for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge and reheat before eating.
- Use real maple syrup if there are no dietary concerns, or a sugar-free maple syrup if you're on a keto or sugar-free diet.
- Red pepper flakes, Greek yogurt, pom seeds, and oregano are optional. But they add extra flavor to the dish!
- If you prefer, mix oil, syrup, and seasonings together right onto the sheet pan and then layer on the sliced squash in a single layer. You'll have one less bowl to wash!
- Looking for other holiday sides? Try this microwave mac and cheese, mashed sweet potatoes, sweet potato casserole, and low carb biscuits.
Calories: 105kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 13mg | Potassium: 547mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 2064IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 53mg | Iron: 1mg
** Nutrition labels on easyanddelish.com are for educational purposes only. This info is provided as a courtesy and is only an estimate, since the nutrition content of recipes can vary based on ingredient brand or source, portion sizes, recipe changes/variations, and other factors. We suggest making your own calculations using your preferred calculator, based on which ingredients you use, or consulting with a registered dietitian to determine nutritional values more precisely.
Please note that health-focused and diet information provided on easyanddelish.com is for educational purposes and does not constitute medical advice, nor is it intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease. Consult with your doctor or other qualified health professional prior to initiating any significant change in your diet or exercise regimen, or for any other issue necessitating medical advice.
Comment and rate the recipe. Also follow us on Pinterest at @easyanddelish for more delish recipes.