Instant Pot Brussels Sprouts
Instant Pot Brussels Sprouts sautéed with garlic, cooked for just 3 minutes, and tossed with bacon and lemon juice. This quick and easy side dish is simple yet tender and full of flavor. It’s also gluten-free, dairy-free, and keto!
Servings 4 people
Cost $1.50 per person
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 5 slices thick smoked bacon chopped
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth or chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste a pinch each
- 1 lemon juiced
Clean, trim, and cut the sprouts: Remove the stem by cutting it off with a paring knife. Remove the damaged and/or lose outer leaves by hand. Then, rinse the remaining layers with cold water to make them fully clean. Pat dry! Next, cut into a shape of a cross (about ¼-inch deep).
Cook: Press the sauté button and let the pot heat for about 4-5 minutes. Pour in oil and cook the bacon until brown, about 4-5 minutes, stirring every once in a while to keep it from sticking. Remove with a slotted spoon and reserve.
Add garlic and sauté for about 1 minute, stirring often to avoid browning. Add sprouts and cook for about 1 minute, stirring once and a while. Pour broth and add seasonings. Stir!
Lock lid, secure the valve, and set manually for 3 minutes. Do a quick release!
Toss bacon and lemon juice. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese if you want. To add a bit of a holiday touch, you may add about 2-3 tablespoons of chopped dried cranberries.
Thaw in the fridge. To reheat, you may microwave for about 1-2 minutes or until hot.
- If raw, store Brussels sprouts in a plastic bag in your refrigerator's crisper. That way, they'll keep for at least one week or longer.
- If cooked, place them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Freeze them in labeled freezer bags or containers for up to 2 months. This is one of those easy freezer meals that you want to make again and again.
Calories: 210kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 329mg | Potassium: 551mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 918IU | Vitamin C: 112mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 2mg
Comment and rate the recipe. Also follow us on Pinterest at @easyanddelish for more delish recipes.