Easy Creamy Shrimp Scampi Recipe
One Pan, 20-minute Keto Easy Shrimp Scampi Recipe that is mess-free and makes the perfect weeknight family meal. It’s also gluten-free, low-carb and pescatarian!
Cost $ 3.00
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves minced
- 2 lbs large shrimp thawed and pat dry (peeled and deveined, tails left on or off according to your preference)
- 1 lemon zested and then juiced
- salt to taste
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup Carnation Evaporated Milk
In a large cast-iron skillet, heat the oil over medium heat for about 1 minute. Then add the garlic and let cook, stirring, for about 1 minute. Do not let brown! Add the shrimp and lemon zest; season with salt (and red pepper flakes, if desired).
Toss until the shrimp turns pink and opaque in the center, about 2-3 minutes. Add the white wine; toss 1 minute. Add the Carnation Evaporated Milk and stir just until sauce is homogeneous. Let cook for about 1-2 minutes.
Remove pan from the heat, stir in lemon juice. If desired, sprinkle 2 tablespoons chopped parsley and/or basil leaves. Serve over pasta, zoodles (keto) or with a hard-crusted bread to soak in the sauce. Enjoy!
- EXTRA INGREDIENTS/SUBSTITUTIONS: if you would like to, substitute unsalted butter for olive oil or use half of each. Love onions? Add chopped onions and cook them for about 3 minutes before adding the garlic. For a spicy version of the dish, add a pinch of red pepper flakes after seasoning with salt. You can top dish with fresh herbs of your liking.
- Store creamy Shrimp Scampi in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one day. Heat and stir well before serving. Freeze for up to 2 months.
- This Easy Shrimp Scampi recipe is gluten-free, keto, low-carb and pescatarian.
Calories: 427kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 49g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 581mg | Sodium: 1799mg | Potassium: 354mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 76IU | Vitamin C: 26mg | Calcium: 430mg | Iron: 5mg
Comment and rate the recipe. Also follow us on Pinterest at @easyanddelish for more delish recipes.