Copycat Red Lobster Low Carb Biscuits
Quick and easy country-style low carb biscuits made from almond flour. These are puffy, tender, cheesy, and so delicious... A recipe adapted from the famous Red Lobster biscuits, except these are gluten-free, vegetarian, and keto! The perfect side for your Thanksgiving dinner!
Cost $ 0.30 per biscuit
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 4 TBSP unsalted butter chilled and cut into chunks
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 8 egg whites large
For the herby butter:
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp sal
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
Preheat oen to 400 F. In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder, and seasoning. Add chunks of butter and mix well using a fork until butter forms into pea-size pieces. If needed, use your hands to combine them! Stir in cheese and place bowl in the fridge.
Meanwhile, beat egg whites at high speed in the bowl of an eletric mixer until stiff. Then, fold into the flour mixture.
Using an ice cream scooper, scoop biscuit mixture onto a large retangular baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Make sure to leave a 2-inch distance between them.
Bake for about 14-16 minutes or until biscuits are set and golden brown. Let cool on a rack. Then, mix melted butter with dried parsley and seasonings in a small bowl and brush herb butter mixture on top of each biscuit while warm. Serve and enjoy!
- If you'd like to use coconut flour instead, make sure to use about 1/4 to 1/3 cup coconut flour for each cup of almond flour, and also add 1 extra egg white to the recipe. Coconut flour is very absorbent and can make baked goods turn out dry. You may end up with fewer keto biscuits than the original recipe.
- If using all-purpose flour, use the same amount as for almond flour. Also use the same amount if using GF flour to make gluten-free biscuits.
- You can sub cheddar for any melting cheese of your choice, or use any dried herbs of your choice instead of parsley.
- Don't bother trying to shape these low-carb biscuits, because they are drop biscuits -- that means, you spoon or scoop them onto baking pan.
- These low-carb biscuits are also gluten-free, vegetarian, and keto.
- Although these keto biscuits are puffy, tender inside, and cheesy, they are not as dense as Southern biscuits. Almond flour doesn't contain starch or gluten like white wheat flour does!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Freeze for up to a month. Thaw in teh fridge and reheat for 20-30 seconds.
Calories: 266.54kcal | Carbohydrates: 5.64g | Protein: 10.31g | Fat: 23.98g | Saturated Fat: 8.93g | Cholesterol: 35.95mg | Sodium: 286.5mg | Potassium: 130.99mg | Fiber: 2.37g | Sugar: 1.03g | Vitamin A: 398.38IU | Calcium: 169.53mg | Iron: 1.08mg
Comment and rate the recipe. Also follow us on Pinterest at @easyanddelish for more delish recipes.