Chicken Baked Rice
A quick and easy Chicken Baked Rice made with pantry staples within about 30 minutes. It has all the comforting flavors of a classic chicken pot pie but without the pie crust.
Cost $ 0.75 per person
- 2 cups canned condensed chicken soup
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 cups cooked long-grain rice
- 1 1/2 cups shredded roasted chicken
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (corn, peas, carrots, and green beans)
- A pinch salt
- A pinch ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or mozzarella
- 1/2 cup shredded or grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Preheat oven to 350 F. Butter and flour (it can be GF) in a medium baking dish; set aside.
In a large bowl, stir in well the condensed chicken soup with the egg yolks. Add the cooked rice, chicken, vegetables, seasonings, and cheddar cheese/mozzarella. Mix well until obtaining a homogeneous mixture. Place mixture into the prepared baking dish, sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top, and bake uncovered for about 25-30 minutes. Serve warm with chopped parsley on top. Enjoy!
Leftovers must be covered and refrigerated for up to 2 days. Heat well before eating.
Calories: 398kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 138mg | Sodium: 1002mg | Potassium: 295mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 2938IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 323mg | Iron: 2mg
Comment and rate the recipe. Also follow us on Pinterest at @easyanddelish for more delish recipes.