Easy Mashed Pumpkin (Purê de Abóbora)
An easy pumpkin mash that can be served as an alternative for mashed potatoes. It is also a great way to introduce pumpkin to children.
Cost $ 0.,90 per person
- 4½ cups peeled de-seeded, and cooked pumpkin
- 2-3 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup heavy cream or plain yogurt
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese to sprinkle optional
You can cook and peel pumpkin ahead of time. In a blender, blend warm, cooked pumpkin with melted butter, warm heavy cream or yogurt, salt, and pepper until smooth.
NOTE: You can also use a ricer to process the pumpkin or mash it, following the same preparation as for mashed potatoes.
Right before serving, heat mixture thoroughly in a medium, non-stick saucepan, stirring often, over medium-low heat. You may or may not need a little touch of yogurt or heavy cream to soften. Place on a serving plate or bowl and sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top, if desired.
- Mashed pumpkin can be prepared up to 2 days ahead and refrigerated.
- You can mix in or garnish with fresh parsley.
Calories: 302kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 97mg | Sodium: 409mg | Potassium: 552mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1368IU | Vitamin C: 25mg | Calcium: 122mg | Iron: 3mg
Comment and rate the recipe. Also follow us on Pinterest at @easyanddelish for more delish recipes.