One Skillet Roast Chicken Adobo
Roast Chicken Adobo is a flavorful and juicy one-skillet dish basted with a mixture of vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, and black peppercorns. It takes roast chicken to a whole new level!
Cost $ 0.66 per person
- 5-6 pounds whole chicken pat dry, giblets and neck removed
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 2/3 cup soy sauce use a GF one if you're celiac
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black peppercorns ground
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp honey if on a keto diet, use sugar-free maple syrup
- 3 bay leaves
Preheat oven to 425 F. Remove giblets and neck and pat dry chicken with paper towel. Spray a 12-inch cast iron skillet with cooking spray and place chicken in it. Set aside.
In a medium saucepan, mix all the other ingredients except bay leaves and let come to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium, stir in butter and let cook for about 4-5 minutes or until thickened.
If you prefer not reducing the adobo sauce, simply melt butter in the microwave and mix in with the rest of the ingredients. Transfer about 1/3 of the mixture to a bowl and reserve.
Then, brush chicken all over, including under loose skin and inside the cavity. Place bay leaves inside chicken cavity.
Bake for 30 minutes. Then, reduce temp to 350 F, brush chicken on top and sides, and bake for 30 minutes more, or until internal temp reaches 165 F.
Remove from the oven, brush with the reserved sauce, and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Enjoy with fresh salad, cooked veggies, or any other side of your choice.
- Remove chicken from the fridge 30-60 minutes prior roasting. This will ensure more even cooking.
- If you are celiac, use a gluten-free soy sauce.
- If you are lactose intolerant, skip butter.
- If you desire, while roast chicken is resting, crack or grind a few peppercorns and sprinkle on top of the chicken.
- For those on a keto/low carb diet, serve with a side of fresh salad or cooked asparagus.
Slice cooked roast chicken and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. Freeze in small portions in ziploc bags for up to 2 months.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Please, give it a star rating below!!
Calories: 431kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 109mg | Sodium: 1176mg | Potassium: 311mg | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 280IU | Vitamin C: 2.6mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 1.8mg
Comment and rate the recipe. Also follow us on Pinterest at @easyanddelish for more delish recipes.