Brigadeirao (Brazilian Chocolate Fudge Flan)
Brigadeirao is an easy family-size chocolate fudge flan made in the blender and baked in 40 minutes. It's decadent, fudgy, and addictive!!!
Cost $ 0,33 per person
- 28 oz sweetened condensed milk (or two 14-oz cans)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
- 1/4 cup chocolate sprinkles good quality
Preheat the oven to 350º F (180º C). Grease a 8-inch (20 cm) ring pan with butter or no stick cooking spray. Sprinkle sugar all over. Set aside.
Blend all ingredients (except the sprinkles.) in a blender until smooth. Pour mixture into the prepared pan. Bake in a bain-Marie for about 40 minutes. Remove from the oven, run a knife the edge around carefully, and place on a rack to cool.
Cover and refrigerate for about at least 4 hours, or until chilled and set. Run a knife around again and invert onto a plate. You may have to tap bottom of the pan to encourage unmolding.
Serve with chocolate sprinkles on top. If desired, drizzle chocolate fudge on the edges.
- BAIN-MARIE: Place hot water in a large baking pan and place ring pan inside. Make sure water comes halfway up the side of the pan.
- Store brigadeirao covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Do not freeze! Why? This is a large flan and most flans don't freeze well. But if you'd like to give it a try (at your own risk):
- Adjust your freezer to 0 degrees F and cut cool brigadeirao into quarters.
- Then, wrap in freezer plastic bags for storing up to 1 month.
- Thaw in the fridge and serve.
- Serve brigadeirao all year round. It makes a great dessert for potlucks, get-togethers, or Sunday meals, as well as for Easter and Christmas, depending on how you decorate it.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Please, give it a star rating below!!
Calories: 310kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 79mg | Sodium: 115mg | Potassium: 401mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 48g | Vitamin A: 290IU | Vitamin C: 1.7mg | Calcium: 228mg | Iron: 1.4mg
Comment and rate the recipe. Also follow us on Pinterest at @easyanddelish for more delish recipes.