Shrimp Scampi Pasta Recipe
An easy One Pot Shrimp Scampi Pasta recipe prepared in just 20 minutes. The perfect family meal on a budget for those busy days!
Cost 3.00 per person
- 8 oz
whole wheat pasta
- 2 TBSP
cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/4 lbs
large shrimp, thawed and pat dry
(peeled and deveined, tail removed)
Salt to taste
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup
dry white wine
- 1/2 cup
heavy whipping cream
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 TBSP chopped parsley (and or basil leaves)
- 6-8 Grape tomatoes, halved (optional)
In a large pot, boil water with a pinch of salt and a hint of olive oil. Add pasta and cook, stirring every now and then, until al dente (about 7-10 minutes). Drain and set aside pasta.
Using the same pot, heat the 2 tablespoons of oil over medium heat for about 1 minute. Then add the garlic and let cook, stirring, for about 1 minute. Do not let brown!
Add the shrimp; season with salt and red pepper flakes. Toss until the shrimp turns pink and opaque in the center, about 3 minutes. Add the wine; toss 1 minute. Add the heavy cream and stir just until sauce is homogeneous. Let cook for about 1-2 minutes.
Remove pan from the heat, stir in lemon juice. Return cooked pasta to the pot, toss with Parmesan cheese, chopped parsley and/or basil leaves. Top with grape tomatoes if desired. Serve while hot. Enjoy!
- Store Shrimp Scampi Pasta in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Heat and stir well before serving. Freeze for up to 2 months.
- For a low carb version, use zucchini noodles instead of pasta. For a gluten-free meal, substitute GF pasta for whole wheat pasta.
Calories: 576kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 41g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 404mg | Sodium: 1256mg | Potassium: 345mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 681IU | Vitamin C: 24mg | Calcium: 367mg | Iron: 6mg
Comment and rate the recipe. Also follow us on Pinterest at @easyanddelish for more delish recipes.