Broccoli au Gratin with Bacon
Broccoli Gratin with Bacon is a creamy and cheesy holiday side dish that is quick and easy to make, with only 7 ingredients. It's both a low carb and gluten-free side that will brighten your table!
Cost $1.33 per person
- 32 oz broccoli florets
- 16 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup Carnation® Lactose-Free Evaporated Milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 8 bacon strips cooked and chopped
- 3 cups white cheddar cheese shredded ( or any other melting cheese of choice)
Place broiler rack about 8 inches from the source of heat. Then, preheat conventional oven at 400 F. Spray a medium baking dish with no-stick cooking spray; set aside.
Place broccoli in a microwave safe bowl with about 6 tbsp water, cover with a plate, and cook on high for about 3-4 minutes or until tender but firm. Drain! Arrange broccoli into the baking dish.
Meanwhile, in the bowl of an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, milk, salt, and garlic powder until smooth. Mix in bacon and half of the cheddar cheese. Pour mixture over the broccoli.
Then, sprinkle the other half of the cheddar on top. Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese melts. Next, press the broil button and let broil for about 4-5 minutes, or until cheese is golden brown. Sprinkle with fresh oregano if desired. Serve and enjoy!
- You can make this broccoli gratin one day ahead, cover, and place in the fridge until it's time to bake and serve.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days. Freeze for up to 30 days, but be aware that cream cheese sauce may separate and crumble.
- To decrease the chances of this, use a full-fat cream cheese.
- If desired, stir cooked onion and pepper into the cream cheese mixture to make it even tastier.
- This broccoli gratin calls for no flour and, unlike other gratin recipes, doesn't require you make a mornay sauce.
Calories: 335kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 640mg | Potassium: 354mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1267IU | Vitamin C: 67mg | Calcium: 301mg | Iron: 1mg
Comment and rate the recipe. Also follow us on Pinterest at @easyanddelish for more delish recipes.