Low Carb Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookies
Keto/Low Carb Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookies made with almond flour and no added sugar. They are light, soft, and yummy. Small bites of heaven that are indulgent yet guilt-free!
Cost $ 0.25 per cookie
- 1/2 cup firm coconut oil or shortening
- 1 cup Swerve (granulated) or Splenda
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp coconut extract or pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 egg whites large
- 1 cup keto chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 325° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream shortening/coconut oil and Splenda at low speed until combined. Beat egg and coconut extract. Then, stir in almond flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and coconut flakes until homogeneous.
If desired, mix in 1/2 cup chocolate chips, or reserve them to top cookies later on. In another bowl, beat egg whites at high speed until stiff. Make sure beaters are clean, otherwise whites won't get stiff. Next, fold in stiff beaten whites into flour-egg mixture.
Using a cookie scoop, drop scoops of the cookie batter onto lined baking sheet, leaving about 2-inch of distance between them. Bake for about 12-16 minutes or until set and lightly brown on the edges. Transfer pan to a rack and let coconut cookies cool.
In a microwave-safe bowl, melt 1/2 cup chocolate chips and drizzle over cookies. If desired, dip bottom of low carb coconut cookies onto melted chocolate. Let set and garnish as desired. Enjoy!
- Use sugar-free/keto chocolate chips, or dark chocolate chips for these almond flour cookies.
- Since almond flour is made from ground blanched almonds, we can say our Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookies are flourless cookies.
- They are also dairy-free and paleo!
- You can add dark chocolate chips into the batter, or cut some extra calories by using a few chips as a topping for these low carb cookies.
- I used fresh pomegranate seeds as a garnish, giving our Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookies a Christmasy touch. But you don't have to!
- Make sure melted chocolate is smooth in order to drizzle on, and also dip keto cookies into.
- As a sweetener you can either use Swerve, which has less carbs, or Splenda.
- STORE cookies in a clean airtight container at room temp for up to 3 days. Freeze Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookies (without drizzle) wrapped well in plastic wrap and then into plastic bags, for up to 1 month.
Calories: 141kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 9mg | Potassium: 36mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 10IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 1mg
Comment and rate the recipe. Also follow us on Pinterest at @easyanddelish for more delish recipes.