Low Carb Sushi Bowl Recipe
Sushi Bowl Recipe: a trendy low carb sushi made in 15 minutes with seasoned cauliflower rice, cooked shrimp, avocado, veggies, and sriracha mayo. It's low carb, keto, gluten-free. easy and delish!
Cost $ 3.00 per bowl
- 2 10-oz cauliflower rice frozen
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar plus extra for drizzling
- a pinch of salt
- a dash of sugar optional (skip if on a keto/low carb diet)
- 2 tsp sriracha
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 12 large shrimp cooked and chilled
- 1/2 small cucumber sliced
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 tbsp green onions chopped
- 4 tbsp seaweed paper chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots If on a keto/low carb diet, replace with shredded purple cabbage or use less carrots, as you wish
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 lemon or lime for drizzling (optional)
To make this easy, healthy sushi bowl, cook cauliflower rice in the microwave according to the directions on the package, about 4-5 minutes each package. In a small bowl, heat vinegar with salt (sugar is optional) then toss with rice. Place into serving bowls, cover, and place in the fridge.
Meanwhile, mix 1 teaspoon of sriracha with sesame oil and toss the chilled cooked shrimp. Reserve! Then slice the cucumber and avocado, and chop the green onions. Using kitchen shears, chop seaweed paper. You may shred the carrots or buy shredded.
Prepare the sriracha mayo by mixing mayo with 1 teaspoon of sriracha in another small bowl and reserve. Once rice is cold, top with shrimp, veggies, and seaweed paper. Drizzle the avocado with lemon juice or vinegar and then with sriracha mayo. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds and green onions.
If desired, you may drizzle the other veggies with a splash of vinegar or lemon juice. Serve this homemade sushi bowl chilled or at room temp. -- either as a main dish or as an appetizer. It depends on the size of the bowl. For an appetizer, serve into mini bowls.
- If served as an appetizer, it can yield 10 (1/4 cup) portions or feed about 10 people.
- STORE in airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days, without avocado, which must be sliced fresh at the time of serving.
Calories: 384kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 97mg | Sodium: 511mg | Potassium: 756mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 6097IU | Vitamin C: 24mg | Calcium: 92mg | Iron: 2mg
Comment and rate the recipe. Also follow us on Pinterest at @easyanddelish for more delish recipes.