How to Make the Perfect Oatmeal
Learn how to make the perfect oatmeal for breakfast indulgence or a fiber-loaded dessert. These 4 tips guarantee the creamiest and most delicious oatmeal ever!
Servings 2 people
- 1 cup old fashioned or rolled oats
- 3 cups water
- A pinch sea salt (fine crystals), optional
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2-4 Tablespoons heavy cream (or coconut milk for a DF version)
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar (or more if desired) You can replace this with another sweetener of your choice
In a saucepan, combine oats, water, and salt. Bring to a boil over high heat.
Reduce heat to medium-low and stir constantly with a pointed wooden spoon or the handle end of a wooden spoon.
Let simmer, while stirring, until cooked (about 5-10 minutes). If using steel-cut oats this will take around 12-15 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in vanilla, heavy cream or coconut milk, and sweetener.
Enjoy by itself or with a topping of your choice!
- Tips adapted from Jaime Oliver.
- Mix/Topping suggestions: Mixed with apple sauce, spices, cocoa powder, Nutella, or peanut butter to your cooked oatmeal. Topped with blueberry sauce, chocolate chips. dried fruits and/or chopped nuts, fresh berries, banana rounds and honey drizzle, preserves, a smear of butter and a sprinkle of brown sugar for a caramel-like flavor, etc. The options are endless! ;)
Comment and rate the recipe. Also follow us on Pinterest at @easyanddelish for more delish recipes.