How to Make No Bake Tapioca Cake (with Coconut Topping)
No Bake Tapioca Cake is an eggless, naturally gluten-free Brazilian delicacy made from 6 staple ingredients, which is quick to prepare and served topped with sweetened condensed milk and coconut flakes.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 12 people
- 4 cups boiling whole milk (or water if desired)
- 3 1/4 cups minute tapioca ( I used Kraft Minute Tapioca)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 1/2 cups sweetened coconut flakes (plus extra to sprinkle on top of the cake)
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cans sweetened condensed milk, divided (each can = 14-oz)
Start by boiling whole milk (or the same amount of water if your prefer).
Meanwhile, combine minute tapioca, sugar, both coconut flakes and coconut milk, and 1 can of sweetened condensed milk in a large heat proof bowl or pirex.
Next, add the boiling milk or water and stir well until obtaining a homogeneous mixture.
Immediately transfer the mixture to a 10-cup wet ring pan, level the mixture, cover with plastic wrap or aluminum foil, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours
Last, carefully run a paring knife around the edges to loosen the cake, place a serving plate on top, and invert the cake in order to unmold.
Serve chilled and topped with the remaining sweetened condensed milk (1/2 can) and a sprinkle of coconut flakes. Garnish cake if desired (I garnished mine with berries and lime rinds).
- If desired, serve tapioca cake chilled topped with fruit compotes/sauce, lemon curd, melted guava paste, or your favorite caramel/milk chocolate sauce instead.
- If you decide to top with the traditional topping (sweetened condensed milk and coconut flakes), I suggest to sprinkle a bit of fresh lime rinds to add a bit of acidity and extra flavor to the cake. You can even squeeze the juice of 1/2 lime over the topping.
- Minute Tapioca as Tapioca Flour has a long shelf life but when mixed with other ingredients has its life shortened. This is why any leftovers of this tapioca cake must be refrigerated for up to 3-4 days.
- In addition, also try out shrimp tapioca crepes .
Calories: 585kcal | Carbohydrates: 110g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 150mg | Potassium: 381mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 71g | Vitamin A: 265IU | Vitamin C: 1.6mg | Calcium: 236mg | Iron: 0.6mg
Comment and rate the recipe. Also follow us on Pinterest at @easyanddelish for more delish recipes.