Easy Texas Pecan Pie Recipe
Easy Texas Pecan Pie Recipe has a nutty and sweet ooey gooey filling with a crunch, able to indulge the most demanding palates. It's makes the perfect dessert for Fall and Thanksgiving!
Servings 8 slices
Cost $ 1.15 per slice
- 1 9-inch pie crust thawed
- 2 TBSP unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 TBSP cornstarch
- 5 large eggs at room temp
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups pecans (half chopped and half whole)
First either prepare this best pie crust recipe or buy one that you enjoy. Preheat oven at 425° F. Then, prepare the pecan pie filling. In the bowl of a mixer with a paddle attachment, blend butter, sugar, salt, and cornstarch at low speed until combined.
With the mixer running, add eggs, one at a time, mixing until just combined. Make sure starch is fully mixed. Mix in the syrup and vanilla. Next, place chopped pecans onto the thawed pie crust and pour on the syrup mixture. Arrange whole pecans at a beautiful pattern. Bake for 15 minutes in order to set the crust and prevent soggy bottom.
Then reduce heat to 350° F, place foil loosely on top, and bake for 30-40 minutes more in order to cook the filling slowly, or until center is set. Like a flan or jell-O, center has to be just a little jiggly yet firm.
If using a glass pan, add about 10-15 minutes at 350° F to the baking time. The reason why is because glass is not a good conductor of heat. Remove from oven and let it cool before either serving or storing. If center is runny, place pie bake in the oven and bake at 350° F until set.
- Although cornstarch is not essential, it helps bind liquids and reduces the chance of separating in the baked pie.
- A metal pan is preferred for baking pie crust instead of a glass one, which is not a great conductor of heat and will demand extra baking time.
- STORE Texas pecan pie covered for up to 4 days in the fridge, or freeze for up to 2 months.
- SERVE preferably chilled or at room temperature by itself or with whipped cream. If GENTLY warmed up, serve with vanilla ice cream. Heating this pie may soften the filling and make it become slightly runny.
Calories: 581kcal | Carbohydrates: 76g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 110mg | Sodium: 249mg | Potassium: 200mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 61g | Vitamin A: 251IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 66mg | Iron: 2mg
Comment and rate the recipe. Also follow us on Pinterest at @easyanddelish for more delish recipes.