Low-Carb Cauliflower Curry Soup
A Low Carb Cauliflower Curry Soup that can be prepared in 30 minutes and makes for a perfect, healthy weeknight dinner. It's vegan, vegetarian, paleo, Whole30, dairy-free, and gluten-free.
Servings 4 people
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 head fresh cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 small carrot, peeled and sliced into rounds
- 2-4 slices fresh jalapeno (optional)
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 14 onces tomato sauce
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons salt (or more if desired)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 14 ounces canned coconut milk
- 1 lemon, juiced
- chopped cilantro or parsley
Heat a medium non stick saucepan or wok over high heat, add 1 tablespoon oil and stir-fry the cauliflower, half of the onion, and jalapeno until florets start to lightly brown. Stir or swirl the pan occasionally.
Add the remaining oil, reduce heat to medium, and sweat onion for about 3 minutes and then cook garlic for about 1 minute, stirring now and then. Do not let brown!
Stir in the curry, cumin, ginger for about 10 seconds. Then, stir in the tomato sauce and broth, salt and pepper. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Next, reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and let simmer for about 8-10 minutes.
Carefully transfer soup to a blender and blend until smooth. Pour soup back into the pan, add the other half of the sliced carrot, stir in coconut milk, and let cook for about 3 minutes or so.
Remove from the heat, and stir in the lemon juice. Serve with chopped parsley/cilantro while hot.
- Suggested accompaniments (depending on your diet restrictions/needs): naan, hard-crusted bread, tofu, shaved Parmesan, cooked shrimp or other protein, eggs, rice noodles, etc.
- Storage: refrigerate leftover in a clean airtight container for up to 2-3 days.
- Love curry? Try also our Vegetarian Lentil Coconut Curry .
Calories: 342kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 26g | Sodium: 1798mg | Potassium: 503mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 775IU | Vitamin C: 41.7mg | Calcium: 58mg | Iron: 3.3mg
Comment and rate the recipe. Also follow us on Pinterest at @easyanddelish for more delish recipes.