Quick Kale Pesto Pasta
Kale Pesto Pasta is a quick and easy weeknight meal that also features Parmesan cheese, tomatoes, olives, and shrimp (or any other protein of your choice).
Servings 6 people
For the pasta:
- 1 (12 oz) Skinner®Linguine
- 1/2 pound cooked large shrimp or other cooked protein of choice, optional
- 1/2 cup shaved parmesan cheese **
- 6-8 grape tomatoes, halved
- 6-8 Kalamata olives or black olives
- Lemon slices or wedges (to garnish), optional
For the kale pesto:
- 12 oz frozen chopped kale, thawed and squeezed to remove excess water
- 8 large fresh basil leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
Cook the pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, prepare the kale pesto. In a blender or food processor, combine the kale, basil, salt and pepper. With the motor running, drizzle in the olive oil. Then, turn it off to scrape down the sides of the blender or processor. Add the garlic, lemon juice, and Parmesan cheese and blend/process well until mixture is smooth. Set aside.
Once pasta is cooked, drain and add the cooked shrimp or other protein of your choice. Toss with kale pesto and top with Parmesan cheese shavings, grape tomatoes and Kalamata olives. Garnish with lemon slices or wedges if desired. Serve while it is hot, and enjoy!
Comment and rate the recipe. Also follow us on Pinterest at @easyanddelish for more delish recipes.