Kale Pesto Pasta is a quick and easy weeknight meal that also has Parmesan cheese, tomatoes, olives, and shrimp (or any other protein of your choice).
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Skinner® Pasta. Thank you, friends, for supporting all the brands that I work with and love.
It’s the early part of the school year… and we’ve got you covered! This Kale Pesto Pasta makes the most delicious and comforting meal for both kids and parents. And you know what? It can be prepared in 30 minutes. It is already in the list of family faves!
Our Kale Pesto Pasta is nutritious, yet prepared with simple ingredients: budget-friendly Skinner® Pasta, kale pesto, shaved Parmesan cheese, grape tomatoes, black olives, and any protein of your choice, such as shrimp.
All we have to do is to cook the Skinner pasta (in this case, linguine) according to the instructions on the package. Then, drain and mix with a homemade kale pesto. Right before serving, add shaved Parmesan cheese, grape tomatoes, Kalamata olives and, if desired, cooked shrimp or another protein of your choice.
Voila! — before you know it, a complete dish is ready for your lunch or dinner, helping make those busy early-school-year schedules manageable enough that you can enjoy more family moments together.
The homemade kale pesto can be prepared in the blink of an eye and requires no cooking. Thawed chopped kale, fresh basil, olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, lemon juice, and Parmesan cheese are blended together in a blender or processed in a food processor until mixture is smooth. See? Easy peasy!
I am telling you, this pasta dish will put a smile on your face. It tastes amazing! Also, it is accessible, friendly and uncomplicated… just like the people of Texas, my home state.
Skinner pasta is the #1 pasta in Texas. In addition, it is enriched, easy to cook, and features a variety of pastas such as linguine, spaghetti, penne, fettuccine, elbows, and even a fun Texas shape. This makes Skinner perfect for both weeknight meals and dishes for special occasions.
For more information about Skinner products and other easy delicious recipe ideas like this Kale Pesto Pasta, please visit skinnerpasta.com .
Quick and easy meals are an effective tool often used for saving time at my household. And how about yours? I would love to hear how your family manages a busy school-year schedule!
In addition, what other dish(es) would you like to prepare with Skinner pasta? I am looking forward to hearing your ideas.
For now, enjoy your family and a great meal together!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Skinner® pasta.
Quick Kale Pesto Pasta
For the pasta:
- 1 (12 oz) Skinner®Linguine
- 1/2 pound cooked large shrimp or other cooked protein of choice, optional
- 1/2 cup shaved parmesan cheese **
- 6-8 grape tomatoes, halved
- 6-8 Kalamata olives or black olives
- Lemon slices or wedges (to garnish), optional
For the kale pesto:
- 12 oz frozen chopped kale, thawed and squeezed to remove excess water
- 8 large fresh basil leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, prepare the kale pesto. In a blender or food processor, combine the kale, basil, salt and pepper. With the motor running, drizzle in the olive oil. Then, turn it off to scrape down the sides of the blender or processor. Add the garlic, lemon juice, and Parmesan cheese and blend/process well until mixture is smooth. Set aside.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain and add the cooked shrimp or other protein of your choice. Toss with kale pesto and top with Parmesan cheese shavings, grape tomatoes and Kalamata olives. Garnish with lemon slices or wedges if desired. Serve while it is hot, and enjoy!