10-Minute, Healthy Fish Stew Packets
10-Minute, Healthy Fish Stew Packets that can be served with rice, another grain of your choice, or hard-crusted bread.
- 2 baby bell peppers (one yellow and one orange, or other of your choice), de-seeded and sliced
- 1/4 small white or yellow onion chopped
- 1/4 cup cherry or grape tomatoes some whole and some halved
- 4 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 4 skinless tilapia fish fillets thawed, 4 to 6-ounce
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1-2 garlic cloves minced
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon palm oil optional
- 8 malagueta pepper optional
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro or parsley divided
Place four 14 x 12" sheets of aluminum foil on a work surface. Divide bell pepper slices among foil sheets, arranging in a thin layer in the middle of the sheet. Sprinkle chopped onion, dividing equally. Scatter tomatoes around the other vegetables. Drizzle each packet with 1/2 Tablespoon olive oil. Season fish fillet on both side with salt and pepper and place each fillet atop vegetables. Drizzle 1/2 Tablespoon olive oil over each. Place minced garlic and 1 Tablespoon lime juice over each fillet. In a small bowl, combine coconut milk, water, palm oil (if desired), and a pinch of salt, and then spoon over each fillet (NOTE: If desired, you can add a pinch of paprika to the coconut milk mixture, if you are not using palm oil). Finish by placing 2 malagueta peppers (if desired) on top of each fillet plus 1/2 Tablespoon of chopped cilantro or parsley.
Fold foil over mixture and crimp edges tightly to form a sealed packet ( NOTE: Can be made 4 hours ahead and chilled). Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before continuing.
Preheat oven to 400°. Place packets in a single layer on a large rimmed baking sheet. Bake fish until just cooked through , about 10-15 minutes. Carefully cut open packets (steam will escape). Serve over white rice. If desired, you can serve with another grain dish or your favorite hard-crusted bread instead. Enjoy!
Comment and rate the recipe. Also follow us on Pinterest at @easyanddelish for more delish recipes.