Healthy Breakfast on the Go
Our Breakfast on the Go is a healthy and quick meal stored in a jar that can be easily transported to work or any other place. It requires NO cooking and is also great for a quick lunch.
- For the 1st layer:
- 2 medium bananas
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons uncooked rolled oats or granola
- 2 tablespoons chopped cashew nuts or other nut of your choice
- For the second layer:
- 4 large fresh strawberries sliced
- For the 3rd layer:
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1-2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- For garnishing:
- 1-2 tablespoons of your favorite dried fruit mix I used tropical dried fruit mix
In a plate or bowl, mash the banana with a fork and mix it with cocoa powder, oats or granola, and nuts until obtaining a homogeneous mixture. Divide amount and place into 2 sterilized jars.
Place strawberry slices on top of the banana layer.
In a separate bowl, mix yogurt with honey and chia seeds, and then place on top of the strawberries. Garnish with the dried fruit mix.
Place the lids on and keep refrigerated for up to 2 days. It can be transported to work and other places, and eaten chilled either for breakfast or for lunch.
Comment and rate the recipe. Also follow us on Pinterest at @easyanddelish for more delish recipes.