Brazilian Fruit Salad (Salada de Frutas)
Brazilian fruit salad consists of a fresh fruit cocktail made with chunks of banana, papaya, mango, pineapple, and watermelon mixed with orange and lime juices, spices, and a sweetener.
- 1/4 large papaya peeled, deseeded, and cubed
- 1/4 large pineapple peeled, cored, and cubed
- 2 large bananas peeled and medium diced**
- 1 large mango peeled and cubed
- 1/4 small deseeded watermelon peeled and cubed
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup fresh orange juice
- Juice of 1 lime or lemon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 dash of nutmeg
- 1 - 2 tablespoons sugar or honey
- **Before cutting, please see directions.
Prepare all the fruits, except the bananas, and mix gently together in a plastic or glass bowl.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the orange and lemon juices, the spices, and the sugar or honey. Then, mix with the fruits. Cover and refrigerate for about 2 hours.
Right before serving, peel and dice the bananas. Mix with the other fruits. Serve the fruit salad plain, topped with a hint of heavy whipping cream, or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. For both a vegetarian and dairy-free version, serve plain. Enjoy!
Comment and rate the recipe. Also follow us on Pinterest at @easyanddelish for more delish recipes.