Quick & Easy Caprese Breakfast Cups
Caprese Breakfast Egg Cups is a quick, low carb BAKED FRITTATA made with eggs, spinach, tomatoes, basil, and cheese, and baked in a muffin pan. They are gluten-free, Keto, Paleo, Whole30, and vegetarian... and can be easily transported wherever you go.
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 1/4 cups chopped tomatoes (or 12 sliced grape tomatoes)
- 12 fresh mozzarella balls, mini (skip this for Paleo and Whole30
- 3-4 TBSP thinly sliced basil
- 12 large eggs, beaten
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder optional
- 1-2 TBSP grated Parmesan cheese optional
- balsamic vinegar to drizzle optional
Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Lightly spray a muffin tin with no stick cooking spray.
Then divide equally the spinach across 12 cups. Slice the tomatoes, then fill the cups with the tomato, one ball of fresh mozzarella each, and basil.
Beat the eggs and and stir in salt, pepper, and garlic powder. If desired, stir in grated Parmesan cheese, Pour into cups of the muffin tin, filling each 3/4 full, and bake for 15-19 minutes, or until the eggs have set.
Serve hot with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar, if desired. Enjoy!
- Recipe adapted from Egg White Breakfast Cups from Tasty.
- Make sure to run a pairing knife around egg cups and remove them from the pan using a spoon. Otherwise they may stick to the pan once cool.
- STORAGE: Keep breakfast egg cups in an airtight container for up to 5-7 days in the refrigerator. Microwave 30 seconds to reheat. To freeze, let cool first and then individually wrap each with plastic wrap and foil. To reheat, microwave them for 30-60 seconds or until hot.
Calories: 141kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 174mg | Sodium: 275mg | Potassium: 149mg | Vitamin A: 1005IU | Vitamin C: 4.5mg | Calcium: 146mg | Iron: 1.2mg
Comment and rate the recipe. Also follow us on Pinterest at @easyanddelish for more delish recipes.