Chili Lime Grilled Salmon with Caribbean Salsa & Salmon Grilling Guide
Marinated Chili Lime Salmon, grilled to perfection, and served with a tropical Caribbean Salsa. Plus, useful tips on how to pick and perfectly grill salmon, and more. It's keto, low carb, paleo, and Whole30.
FOR THE SALMON:
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey optional
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 lbs skin-on Norwegian salmon fillet
FOR THE SALSA (OPTIONAL):
- 1 cup fresh diced pineapple
- 3/4 cup fresh diced mango
- 1/4 jalapeno de-seeded and sliced
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 lime juiced
- 1/8 tsp salt (or more if desired)
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro or parsley
- 1/3 cup diced tomatoes
Prepare marinade. Place all ingredients (except salmon) in a jar, shaking well. Pour half of the marinade into a sealable plastic bag and then place salmon inside.
Reserve the remaining marinade in the jar. Let salmon sit at room temp for about 20 minutes while marinating.Meanwhile, prepare salsa. Cut all ingredients, place all in a medium bowl, mix, and cover. Refrigerate for about 20-30 minutes so all the flavors come together.
Remove salmon from bag and discard marinade from the bag. Clean and oil grill (see tip #3 in post). Make sure grill is on medium-high before starting to grill.
Place fillet skin-side up (unless you like crispy skin – in that case, start grilling salmon skin side-down first), an inch apart each. When salmon is about 60% cooked and changes color in the middle, flip it using two large flat spatulas.
For 1-inch-thick fillet, it takes about 5-6 minutes. After flipping salmon, brush with remaining marinade and let cook for about 4 more minutes or until cooked through. Let rest for 3-5 minutes before serving. Serve with salsa on top.
- This grilled salmon recipe by itself is keto, low carb, paleo, and Whole30 -- depending on the diet, just skip honey and either skip the Caribbean salsa or eat in moderation.
- Storage: store grilled salmon in the fridge in a airtight container for up to 2 days, or freeze for up to 4-6 months.
- Love salmon? Try also our One Pan Sriracha Teriyaki Salmon with Snap Peas.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Please, give it a star rating below!!
Calories: 407kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 46g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 124mg | Sodium: 860mg | Potassium: 1316mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 700IU | Vitamin C: 46.4mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 2.4mg
Comment and rate the recipe. Also follow us on Pinterest at @easyanddelish for more delish recipes.