Slow Cooker Ham Recipe (Crockpot Ham)
Sticky, sweet, tangy, and full of flavor, this slow cooker ham with orange glaze is the real deal! It is rubbed with brown sugar and flavored with an Asian sauce made with orange marmalade, soy sauce, Dijon mustard, rice vinegar, Chinese five-spice, and sriracha. It makes for the best Easter crockpot ham recipe ever.
Servings 10 people
Cost $3 per person
- 1 7 lb bone-in, spiral ham fully cooked
- 1/2 cup orange juice divided (to make it KETO, use chicken broth instead)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (to make it KETO, use sugar-free maple syrup instead)
- 1 1/4 cups orange marmalade (to make it KETO, use a sugar-free marmalade instead)
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp soy sauce use a gluten-free soy sauce if desired
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp Chinese five-spice
- 1 tsp sriracha hot chili sauce
- orange zest optional
Place the ham face down in the crockpot. Pour 1/4 cup of the orange juice over the ham. Rub ham with brown sugar. Mix the glaze (1/4 cup orange juice, marmalade, mustard, soy sauce, vinegar, spice, and sriracha) and pour over the ham, reserving about a third.
Cover tightly, and set to cook on low for about 3-4 hours (or 30 minutes per pound). Easy peasy, right? Baste the ham halfway through the cooking time and then again about an hour before the ham is done!
About 10 minutes before the cooking time comes to an end, heat the orange glaze mixture on the stovetop over medium heat until thickened (about 3-5 minutes). Glaze ham, sprinkle orange zest on top if desired, and serve!
- Estimate about ½ pound of boneless ham per person and ¾ of bone-in ham per person.
- You can use a bone-in or boneless, whole or spiral, cured or uncured, smoked or not, ham to prepare this recipe. But keep in mind that a precooked, bone-in ham will reach a 140 degrees F faster than either a fresh or a precooked, boneless ham. Do not overcook it, otherwise ham will be tough and dry!
- If you are serving a family of 4-5 people, a 2-3 pound ham is the best option unless that you want leftovers to eat later or use to make other dishes.
- A 7 pound or less bone-in ham will fit a 6-qt. or larger crockpot. If the ham is more than 7 pound, you may need to either cook it in a larger slow cooker or trim off a chunk of the ham to make it fit. The lid has to fit tightly in order to cook or reheat the ham properly.
- Store cool leftover ham with its juices in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Or freeze for up to 4 months.
- To make this crockpot ham low carb, replace orange juice with chicken broth, use a sugar-free marmalade, and substitute sugar-free honey or maple syrup for brown sugar.
Calories: 152kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 1g | Sodium: 356mg | Potassium: 71mg | Sugar: 36g | Vitamin A: 50IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 29mg
Comment and rate the recipe. Also follow us on Pinterest at @easyanddelish for more delish recipes.