One Pot Sausage Pasta
A quick and easy One Pot Sausage Pasta with an extraordinary taste, made using everyday ingredients.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb your favorite smoked sausage sliced (mild or spicy according to you preference)
- 1 large white or yellow onion small diced
- 4 cups whole milk warm (to prevent curdling)
- 2 cups Ragú® Chunky Tomato Garlic & Onion Sauce
- 12 oz dry bowtie or farfalle pasta
- 1 teaspoon salt or more if desired
- 2 cups shredded cheese (Italian style blend, provolone, or mozzarella)
In a large saute pan, heat olive oil over medium high heat and lightly brown the sausage. Reduce heat to medium and sweat the diced onions for a couple of minutes, stirring occasionally (don't let them brown!).
Stir in the the warm milk, tomato sauce, pasta, and salt. If desired, add either a pinch of ground black pepper or red pepper flakes depending on how spicy you prefer. Bring mixture to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer for about 13-15 minutes, or until pasta is al dente.
Turn off the heat and stir in the shredded cheese. If desired, sprinkle about 1/2 cup of chopped parsley over the pasta and serve. Enjoy!
Comment and rate the recipe. Also follow us on Pinterest at @easyanddelish for more delish recipes.