Disclosure: This is a compensated campaign in collaboration with Ragú® and Latina Bloggers Connect. All opinions expressed are honest and my own, as always!
What makes your mealtime Saucesome? Mine is sharing a delicious meal with my family after a crazy day. This is the last day of school… as this weren’t enough, it is also an early release day. My schedule is full, yet I could not let the day finish without celebrating my children’s accomplishments. To fit both my busy schedule and our celebration, I prepared a quick and tasty One Pot Sausage Pasta (Macarronada com Linguiça)…
… A complete dish with an extraordinary taste, made using everyday ingredients — thanks to Ragú® Chunky Tomato, Garlic & Onion Sauce which has a delicious taste your whole family will love! By the way, Ragú® is recognizing and celebrating everything that makes family meal time Saucesome. From unique recipes to silly moments to crazy weeknights…it’s all Saucesome with the delicious help of Ragú® Sauce.
Our One Pot Sausage Pasta is one of the easiest and most delicious dishes ever… As in– “be a hero without putting a lot of effort into it”! I am serious… All I had to do was lightly brown the sausage, sweat the onions, add milk, Ragú® Chunky Tomato, Garlic & Onion Sauce, pasta, salt, and cook everything together at once. To finish the dish, stir in cheese and sprinkle parsley on top. What could be easier than that?
The dish was ready in less than 30 minutes. And this even gave us time to play with the ingredients… and of course, to celebrate the end of another great school year.
How about you? What do you enjoy cooking when celebrating casual moments?
Visit the Ragú® website like we did and get inspired by its delicious recipes. Ragú® has the authentic Italian taste that American families love with a variety of great tasting, quick and easy, family favorite recipes. For additional recipe ideas, visit Facebook.com/RaguSauce, Pinterest.com/ragusauce, and Ragú® on Twitter @RaguSauce and #Saucesome. And don’t forget to check out www.RaguSweeps.com for a chance to win a variety of #Saucesome prizes.
Also try our quick and easy One Pot Sausage Pasta … It’s sure to be a hit!
One Pot Sausage Pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb your favorite smoked sausage sliced (mild or spicy according to you preference)
- 1 large white or yellow onion small diced
- 4 cups whole milk warm (to prevent curdling)
- 2 cups Ragú® Chunky Tomato Garlic & Onion Sauce
- 12 oz dry bowtie or farfalle pasta
- 1 teaspoon salt or more if desired
- 2 cups shredded cheese (Italian style blend, provolone, or mozzarella)
- In a large saute pan, heat olive oil over medium high heat and lightly brown the sausage. Reduce heat to medium and sweat the diced onions for a couple of minutes, stirring occasionally (don't let them brown!).
- Stir in the the warm milk, tomato sauce, pasta, and salt. If desired, add either a pinch of ground black pepper or red pepper flakes depending on how spicy you prefer. Bring mixture to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer for about 13-15 minutes, or until pasta is al dente.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the shredded cheese. If desired, sprinkle about 1/2 cup of chopped parsley over the pasta and serve. Enjoy!
This is a compensated campaign in collaboration with Ragú® and Latina Bloggers Connect. However, all opinions expressed are my own.