Strawberry-White Chocolate Flan (Flan de Morango e Chocolate Branco)
An easy, quick, and delicious strawberry-white chocolate flan made with gelatin. It is a no bake treat!
- For the Flan:
- 1 box strawberry flavored gelatin powder 6 oz/170 g
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 250 g white chocolate chopped
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk 14oz or 396 g
- 1-1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 can milk use the empty can of condensed milk as a measure
- For the Strawberry Sauce:
- 1 cup strawberry jam use a sugar-free one for a less sweet dessert plus 1-2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- Or berry coulis (top yours with the coulis if you prefer a less sweet, tangy dessert)
Blend the gelatin in a blender with the hot water until dissolved. Melt the white chocolate in a double boiler and whisk until smooth. Blend with the dissolved gelatin mixture. Add the condensed milk, cream and milk, and blend again until the mixture is homogeneous.
Pour this mixture into a round baking pan with a hole (9.5 in or 24 cm in diameter) moistened with water, and refrigerate for about 2 hours or until firm enough to be unmolded. Unmold strawberry flan and top with the strawberry sauce (recipe below) and garnish as desired.
To prepare the strawberry sauce: In a small saucepan, over low heat, mix the jam and the water and cook for about 2 minutes. Let cool and pour over the unmolded strawberry flan.
Note: Recipe adapted from the Guia de Receitas Pavês e Pudins, page 58.
Comment and rate the recipe. Also follow us on Pinterest at @easyanddelish for more delish recipes.