Snowball Mulled Wine
This Snowball Mulled Wine is an easy and delicious holiday drink made from chai, red wine, honey, orange juice, spices, fruit, and vanilla ice cream. It's perfect for the holidays and other wintertime entertaining events!
- 1 cup water
- 2-3 bags of chai
- 2 cups red wine (Cabernet Sauvignon or other)
- 1/4 cup honey (or more if desired)
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1-2 star anise (optional)
- 1/4 cup frozen cranberries
- 1/2 apple, sliced
- 1/2 orange, sliced
- vanilla ice cream
Boil water in a medium pot, turn of the heat, and steep bags of chai for up to 5 minutes, or as directed on the package.
Pour wine into the pot along with honey, orange juice, cinnamon sticks, star anise, cranberries, apple and orange slices.
Simmer over medium-low heat for 10-15 minutes until hot.
Place a scoop of ice cream in each glass, pour mulled wine over top, and garnish with fruit from the pot or fresh pieces of fruit. Enjoy!
- Love mulled wine? Also try our Brazilian Mulled Wine.
- Mulled wine typically has between 8-13 % abv. Unless you keep it simmering longer, it won't lose much alcohol content.
- The drink has anti-inflammatory properties due to cinnamon and the antioxidants in red wine, reducing swelling.
- Chai eliminates the need to add multiple spices to the simmering mixture. If desired, use any other spice tea of choice (with or without caffeine).
Calories: 129kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Sodium: 6mg | Potassium: 145mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 20IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 0.6mg
Comment and rate the recipe. Also follow us on Pinterest at @easyanddelish for more delish recipes.