This Snowball Mulled Wine is an easy and fun holiday drink made from chai, red wine, honey, orange juice, spices, fruit, and vanilla ice cream. It’s perfect for the holidays and other wintertime entertaining events!
It’s that wonderful time of the year again! As you know, food and drinks play a huge role in all the festivities!
So, with that in mind, we made this holiday Snowball Mulled Wine, which is a party for your palate and your eyes.
This warm drink, with a kiss of ice cream, screams celebration– made easy!
Our jolly winter cocktail drink is made by steeping bags of chai in boiling water…
…and then combining with red wine, honey, orange juice, cinnamon sticks, star anise, and a few fruits.
Everything is simmered for about 10 minutes and then served with a scoop of ice cream. It is a fun drink, with contrasting temps and a holiday feel.
Right before serving is when you place a scoop of ice cream directly into each glass, and then pour the drink over the top — a similar concept as an affogato.
Simmered fruits make a great garnish for the drink!
Well, are you ready to prepare this Snowball Mulled Wine?
HOW TO MAKE SNOWBALL MULLED WINE
Boil water in a medium pot, turn off the heat, and steep bags of chai for up to 5 minutes, or as directed in the package.
Pour wine into the pot along with honey, orange juice, cinnamon sticks, star anise, cranberries, apple and orange slices.
Simmer over medium-low heat for 10-15 minutes until hot.
Place a scoop of ice cream into each glass, pour mulled wine over top, and garnish with fruit from the pot or with fresh pieces of fruit. Enjoy!
You see? Easy peasy… and so festive and delicious.
It’s a cocktail to brighten any holiday event, or to add fun and coziness to wintertime.
I can already picture myself along with my guests sipping this drink while sampling amazing food and listening to cheerful holiday songs.
Chai eliminates the need to add multiple spices to the simmering mulled wine mixture.
Or, if desired, use any other spice tea of your choice (with or without caffeine). Please note that chai contains caffeine.
As for the presentation of the drink, today we are elegantly serving our Snowball Mulled Wine in ZENS Double Wall Lowball Glasses, which come in a set of two.
And here is the thing! These are insulated small glass tea cups that allow you enjoy your drink without burning or over-chilling your fingers.
They are also versatile as well — perfect for all types of drinks, and even great to use as dessert cups.
All because ZENS promotes healthy lifestyles by creating modern teaware to accommodate both our everyday and entertaining needs…
… encouraging all of us to pause every once in a while and simply enjoy the moment, or celebrate important dates.
For more information about this glass set and other amazing serveware, visit the ZENS Lifestyle site.
I hope that you enjoy this jolly season and make beautiful memories.
ENTER THE GIVEAWAY TODAY:
TO PIN AND ENJOY!
Snowball Mulled Wine
- 1 cup water
- 2-3 bags of chai
- 2 cups red wine (Cabernet Sauvignon or other)
- 1/4 cup honey (or more if desired)
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1-2 star anise (optional)
- 1/4 cup frozen cranberries
- 1/2 apple, sliced
- 1/2 orange, sliced
- vanilla ice cream
- Boil water in a medium pot, turn of the heat, and steep bags of chai for up to 5 minutes, or as directed on the package.
- Pour wine into the pot along with honey, orange juice, cinnamon sticks, star anise, cranberries, apple and orange slices.
- Simmer over medium-low heat for 10-15 minutes until hot.
- Place a scoop of ice cream in each glass, pour mulled wine over top, and garnish with fruit from the pot or fresh pieces of fruit. Enjoy!
- Love mulled wine? Also try our Brazilian Mulled Wine.
- Mulled wine typically has between 8-13 % abv. Unless you keep it simmering longer, it won't lose much alcohol content.
- The drink has anti-inflammatory properties due to cinnamon and the antioxidants in red wine, reducing swelling.
- Chai eliminates the need to add multiple spices to the simmering mixture. If desired, use any other spice tea of choice (with or without caffeine).