No Cooking Curried Pumpkin Deviled Eggs
There are deviled eggs and then there are these Curried Pumpkin Deviled Eggs. This is one of my favorite Thanksgiving appetizers, created in only 30 minutes to resemble a pumpkin. The curry in the filling takes the recipe to the next level. And guess what? They require no cooking at all! Aren't they cute?
Cost $ 0.20 per person
- 3 cups hot water (NOT boiling)
- 3 1/2 tbsp white vinegar
- 9 drops red food coloring
- 51 drops yellow food coloring
- 6 Great Day Farms Hard-Boiled Eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp yellow curry powder (or more if desired)
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp fresh thyme (or more if desired)
Color the eggs: mix hot water, 3 tablespoons of vinegar, and both yellow and red food coloring in a deep bowl.
Twine hard-boiled eggs like a pumpkin (8 wraps), completely submerge them into the bowl, and let rest in a single layer in that solution for 10-14 minutes.
Remove eggs with a slotted spoon, pat dry with paper tower, and gently cut-off twine. On a cutting board, cut each egg in half (be sure to also slice off the rounded pointy end so that each egg half will have a flat bottom to rest on). Place yolks into a separate bowl, and prepare filling.
To prepare filling, mash yolks with a fork and stir in mayo, mustard, yellow curry powder, remaining 1/2 tablespoon of vinegar, salt, sugar, and fresh thyme leaves.
Pipe filling into the pumpkin-like egg shells and garnish as desired. I garnished mine with rosemary leaves (to resemble pumpkin stalks) and also a dash of curry.
- To color eggs, use a ratio of 1 tablespoon of vinegar per cup of hot water.
- For food safety, keep dyed hard-boiled eggs refrigerated and make sure that they don't sit out for more than two hours.
- For an additional Thanksgiving appetizer, try our Cauliflower Jalapeno Hummus with Cheese and Chorizo served with crudité vegetables or pita chips.
Calories: 72kcal | Protein: 3g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 95mg | Sodium: 61mg | Potassium: 31mg | Vitamin A: 130IU | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 0.3mg
Comment and rate the recipe. Also follow us on Pinterest at @easyanddelish for more delish recipes.