Disclosure: This keto hummus recipe is a sponsored campaign in collaboration with Cacique Inc. and Society Culinaria.
A quick, gluten-free, low carb and keto cauliflower jalapeno hummus topped with crumbled queso fresco and chorizo and served with celery sticks.
NFL season is still on! And right along with sporting events comes food, of course... and the best eats are handy and tasty finger foods.
They don't have to be heavy in order to be delish and fun. This quick, low carb, gluten-free Cauliflower Hummus Recipe with Cheese and Chorizo will blow your mind.
Well, who isn't crazy for hummus? How about cheese and chorizo sausage? Just the mention of them makes my mouth water!!!
This jalapeno hummus recipe is super easy to prepare and a real crowd-pleaser! Don't believe me? Well, then see for yourself!
Our low carb hummus dip follows the same concept as the classic Levantine dip or spread prepared with chickpeas.
But we make ours with tahini paste, lemon juice, salt, garlic, olive oil, jalapeno, cilantro or parsley, and Cacique Queso Fresco.
The difference is that in this keto hummus, cooked cauliflower is used instead of chickpeas, making it low-carb. Then, it is topped with cooked Cacique Beef Chorizo and crumbled queso fresco.
It is served with celery sticks or baby carrots, which are also low in carbs.
HOW TO MAKE KETO CAULIFLOWER JALAPENO HUMMUS RECIPE
- First, microwave the cauliflower with a bit of water and 2 cloves of garlic.
- Second, process or blend in a food processor or blender with olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, (sesame) paste, jalapeno, cilantro, and queso fresco until smooth.
- Last, place keto hummus into a bowl and top with cooked chorizo and crumbled cheese. Voila! Could any appetizer be easier than that?
ABOUT CACIQUE PRODUCTS
I used Cacique beef chorizo and queso fresco as toppings for this low carb dip.
They added a ton of flavor and made our hummus look way more delish, filling in for the usual drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle of paprika.
In fact, the chorizo already contains paprika. Cacique is the #1 brand of Mexican-Style cheeses and chorizos-- a family owned company dedicated to producing the highest quality authentic products.
For more yummy recipes like this one, visit the Cacique Blog.
There you can also obtain more info about their products and locate them in a local store near you.
Well, enjoy the football season along with our keto hummus and also our pao de queijo recipe. Have fun!!!
Keto Cauliflower Jalapeno Hummus Recipe
- 3 cups raw cauliflower florets
- 2 tbsp water
- 4 garlic cloves divided
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoon tahini
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon canned jalapenos drained
- 1 tablespoon cilantro chopped
- ⅓ cup Cacique® Queso Fresco
- ¼ cup Cacique® Beef Chorizo
- Combine the cauliflower, water, and 2 whole garlic cloves in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for about 6-10 minutes or until cooked and softened. Put the cauliflower mixture into a food processor and blend.
- Add the olive oil, tahini paste, lemon juice, salt, jalapeño, cilantro or parsley, the 2 remaining garlic cloves, and ⅓-cup queso fresco. Blend until smooth. Taste and adjust salt as necessary.
- In a medium skillet, cook chorizo over medium heat for about 5-7 minutes or until cooked throughout. Let cool. Serve cauliflower jalapeño hummus in a bowl topped with 2 Tablespoons of crumbled queso fresco and the cooked chorizo.
- Use celery sticks or baby carrots for dipping. If you like, you can drizzle a bit of olive oil and sprinkle a dash of paprika on top of the hummus.
** Nutrition labels on easyanddelish.com are for educational purposes only. This info is provided as a courtesy and is only an estimate, since the nutrition content of recipes can vary based on ingredient brand or source, portion sizes, recipe changes/variations, and other factors. We suggest making your own calculations using your preferred calculator, based on which ingredients you use, or consulting with a registered dietitian to determine nutritional values more precisely.
Please note that health-focused and diet information provided on easyanddelish.com is for educational purposes and does not constitute medical advice, nor is it intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease. Consult with your doctor or other qualified health professional prior to initiating any significant change in your diet or exercise regimen, or for any other issue necessitating medical advice.