Quick & Easy Blueberry Pie Cinnamon Rolls
Blueberry Pie Cinnamon Rolls are quick sweet rolls made with store-bougth crescent rolls, a 3-ingredient blueberry filling, and a creamy lemon cream cheese frosting. They are fingerlicking good!
- 1 refrigerated crescent rolls dough (12 oz) I used Pillsbury Grands
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup blueberry preserves
- 6 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice (plus rinds to sprinkle)
- 6 drops blue food coloring
- 5 drops red food coloring
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a large baking dish with no stick cooking spray and line parchment paper. On a lightly floured surface, roll out refrigerated dough.
Then, brush dough with melted butter -- stopping about an inch from the edges on the long sides of the rectangle. Combine blueberry preserves and fresh blueberries in a small mixing bowl, mixing well but gently.
Spread blueberry mixture onto the dough in the same areas as the melted butter. Beginning with the long end of the rectangle, roll the dough up tightly but gently. Pinch the seams to seal well.
Cut into 12 equally sized rolls and arrange rolls into the prepared pan, leaving a small distance between them. Bake for 20 minutes on the middle rack of the oven, or until golden brown.
Meanwhile, prepare topping. Combine cream cheese and sugar in the bowl of a mixer. Beat until smooth and homogeneous. Add lemon juice and both blue and red food coloring, beating just until well combined.
Spread over sweet rolls while warm, and garnish with lemon rinds. Enjoy!
- Love cinnamon rolls? Try our Coconut Rolls.
- STORAGE: Refrigerate any leftovers covered for up to 5 days. Either leave out for about an hour to serve at room temperature, or heat them in the microwave for about 15-30 seconds and serve immediately.
Calories: 261kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 273mg | Potassium: 39mg | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 225IU | Vitamin C: 2.9mg | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 0.5mg
Comment and rate the recipe. Also follow us on Pinterest at @easyanddelish for more delish recipes.