Air Fryer Asparagus
Air Fryer Asparagus cooked in just 7 minutes and is perfectly crispy, without needing a ton of oil or fat! Serve as game bites with your favorite sauce or as a keto side dish with our air fryer chicken thighs!
Servings 4 people
Cost 1.25 per person
- 2 lbs fresh asparagus no need to peel them
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt or more depending on how salty your Parmesan cheese is
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese plus extra to serve with
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ lemon or more if desired
- red pepper flakes to taste (OPTIONAL)
Wash under cold water, pat them dry with a paper towel, and trim the tough woody ends of the asparagus spears. Place them onto a baking sheet in a single layer and brush them all over with olive oil.
Season them with a mixture of garlic powder and salt. Then sprinkle parmesan cheese and the freshly ground pepper on top!
Spray your air fryer basket with no-stick spray or brush on some olive oil. Line up the seasoned asparagus in a single layer inside your air fryer. If yours is small like mine, you may have to cook them in 2 batches.
Air fry asparagus at 380° F (190° C) for about 7 minutes or until tender and golden brown. No need to preheat the air fryer in order to prepare crispy asparagus!
Before serving, squeeze lemon juice on top and serve with lemon wedges and more Parmesan cheese (and red pepper flakes, if desired).
Store leftovers in an airtight container or freezer plastic bag for about 2-3 days. Reheat in the microwave (about 60 seconds) or in a preheated air fryer at 350 degrees F (3-5 minutes) or just until hot.
You may freeze them for about 1 month and thaw them in the fridge overnight. But be aware they won’t be as firm and have some crunch as when they were cooked.
How to choose asparagus
When buying fresh asparagus, make sure to look for the following:
How to trim asparagus
- TEXTURE/APPEARANCE: Crisp asparagus must be plump and firm, and tips should be tightly closed.
- COLOR: They should be green, purple, or white, depending on the variety. Just make sure the color is not faded!
- ODOR: Make sure they don’t smell spoiled!
- Before cooking these easy air fryer asparagus, rinse them under cool running water and then pat them dry well with a paper towel.
- If you prefer, peel the spears with a vegetable peeler, although it is not necessary!
- Snap off the bottom of one stalk! It will naturally break just about where the woody part ends and the tender part begins. Next, line up that spear close to a pile of other spears, and cut off the tough, woody ends using a sharp chef’s knife.
- Toss the ends and season your spears!
Calories: 114kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 247mg | Potassium: 508mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1772IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 129mg | Iron: 5mg
Comment and rate the recipe. Also follow us on Pinterest at @easyanddelish for more delish recipes.