Life isn’t always easy. Who knew that being an adult means you have to figure out what to make for dinner every single night and other meals in between? Learning how to make ahead easy freezer meals, especially on a budget, will help you solve that problem!
WHAT ARE FREEZER MEALS?
Simply put, they are meals that you make ahead of time and freeze. Then, when you need a quick, easy meal, you can pull out what you prepared ahead of time.
Freezer meals are a great way to save time and money. Do your meal planning, shop for ingredients once, have one large “food making” time, and one big clean up time. It’s far more convenient to make dinner on a busy night when you have a freezer full of ready-to-go foods.
Here you will find a complete guide to freezer meals, suggested do’s and don’t’s, and a to-do list with more than 85 easy make-ahead freezer meal recipes on a budget!
WHO ARE THESE MEALS FOR?
These meals are for anyone who wants to save time and money, actually. Easy to freeze meals are great for large families and single people alike. Pregnant women, new moms, busy moms, and those who work outside the home will especially benefit from having make-ahead meals likE this.
WHAT KIND OF FOODS CAN I FREEZE?
Nearly all of your favorite dishes can be made ahead of time, frozen, and then reheated when you want. That includes some of these 5-ingredient or less recipes, easy Brazilian recipes, pantry recipes, and also traditional Brazilian foods. Some freezer-friendly foods include: precooked ground beef, precooked chicken thighs, brown rice, and even mac and cheese casseroles.
Foods you can freeze:
Fruits (berries, avocado, melon, mango, pineapple. etc)
Bread, in slices, whole loaves, or breadcrumbs
Cooked pasta (partially cooked)
Cooked rice (partially cooked)
- Eggs (cracked into small containers, not in the shell)
Flour (you can use it directly from the freezer)
Cornstarch (you can use it directly from the freezer)
- Cooked beans, lentils, and chickpeas
- Grated cheeses
Herbs (best frozen either in melted butter or oil to retain their flavor)
Meat (both raw and cooked)
Nuts- outside the freezer they can go rancid fairly quickly due to their oils
ARE THERE ANY KINDS OF FOODS THAT CAN'T BE MADE INTO FREEZER MEALS?
There are a few foods that you shouldn’t freeze since freezing changes their texture. To find out which ones, check out our infographic uploads below! Some veggies such as lettuce, sprouts, and raw potatoes can turn mushy when you thaw them out.
Foods that should NOT be frozen:
Creamy sauces – they can become grainy and/or curdled.
Deep-fried foods -- after defrosting, crispy coatings turn to mush.
Dishes with crumb or bread toppings -- you’ll lose the crispness and it will go soggy. Add those toppings just before reheating to retain the crispness.
Milk – not if it is for drinking later. However, it works fine for general cooking once re-heated.
Sour cream, cream cheese, coconut milk, and mayonnaise- Their original textures are ruined by freezing, which turns them lumpy, grainy, or curdled. It is best to prepare a dish, freeze it, and then add such ingredients and reheat once the dish is thawed.
Fully cooked pastas and rice – only freeze rice or pasta that has been partially cooked, otherwise they will wind up overcooked once reheated.
Cooked egg whites and hard-boiled eggs – never freeze these, otherwise you will end up with a pure mess on your hands. Freezing changes their texture a lot.
Meringues, flans, and gelatins – it ruins their original textures.
WHAT IS THE BIGGEST ISSUE WITH FREEZING MEAL PREP?
If you are cooking an entire dish ahead of time to freeze and reheat, you will want to make sure the food cools completely before sticking it in the freezer. Harmful bacteria can grow when food is at a temperature of 40-140 degrees F (about 4.5 to 60 degrees C) for more than 2 hours. In fact, they can double in number in 20 minutes.
HOW DO I FREEZE HOMEMADE MEALS?
- COOLING: Be sure your food fully cools ahead of time before freezing. Cool off your dish on the counter for 20-30 minutes, then place it in the fridge to cool completely. You can also cool off your dish by placing the container in a bowl of ice. That will allow your food to freeze more quickly, preserving flavor and nutrients.
- STORING INTO CONTAINERS/BAGS: Make sure to use either Ziplock bags (with the air squeezed out) or freezer-safe containers.
- LABELING: Label your homemade freezer meals as directed below before placing in the freezer.
- THAWING: To thaw your freezer meals, do so in the fridge. It is recommended to allow 5 hours per pound of food.
HOW DO I STORE MY MAKE-AHEAD FREEZER MEALS?
Ziplock bags, with the air squeezed out is one of my favorite methods. Simply fill each one ⅔ full, lay it as flat as possible, and get as much air out as you can. Some have used a straw in the top to suck more out if needed. This helps to avoid freezer burn, and spillage in the freezer.
Freezer bags are relatively cheap, and in some cases, can be reused. Check the bag for rips or tears before washing, hang to dry, and you are ready to go again. The only reason you would NOT want to reuse a bag is if you stored raw meat in there. Cross-contamination may happen when you are thawing.
Freezer bags are also cheap enough to throw away when you are done, saving you from having to wash them. Since they are also widely available at any grocery store, they are my top choice to use most often.
To freeze in ziplock bags and save freezer space, freeze bags flat, then when frozen, you can stack them on their sides like. Be sure to remember to label your bags before sticking them in the freezer.
Freezer-safe plastic containers are also great for freezing meal preps. They can be washed and reused again and again. The biggest problem with freezer containers is that they take up far more room.
The containers themselves are a bit more expensive upfront, but will last longer than a freezer bag will. Freezer containers are fairly popular, and you can find them in most Walmart or Target stores, or online.
If you want to use your Instant Pot to reheat your meals, 64-ounce containers are great. They are about the shape of the Instant Pot liner, and frozen foods can go straight from the container right into the Instant Pot!
HOW SHOULD I LABEL MY FREEZER MEALS?
My favorite method of labeling includes as much information about the meal as possible. You will want to use freezer labels, or just write on the bag with a Sharpie. Here's some information you may want to include:
What the meal is
The date it was prepared
How to reheat
What sides need to be ready to go with it
Weight of the meal for thawing times
Expiration date of the meal (usually 2-3 months)
HOW DO I REHEAT MY FREEZER MEALS?
Most easy freezer meals to make ahead can go right from the freezer to the microwave, crock pot, Instant Pot, or oven without thawing. Simply add your meal to an oven-safe dish, and place in the oven, crockpot, or Instant Pot.
If the dish was fully cooked before, you simply need to heat through until hot and bubbly. If the dish was not fully cooked, add an additional 10-30 minutes onto the cooking time of the original recipe since it’s frozen.
You can also thaw a meal in the fridge the night before and cut down your reheating time, if you desire. Do not thaw on the counter, or else you run the risk of harmful bacteria growing on your food.
HOW LONG CAN YOU KEEP FOOD IN THE FREEZER?
Generally speaking, most foods should be consumed within 9-12 months of being frozen. This will maintain maximum nutrients and freshness. Some foods should be consumed before that time, however. Knowing how long a food will be good for in the freezer is important. Print out our chart above!
Meats should be wrapped in freezer paper to help avoid freezer burn, and all foods should be in airtight containers before placing in the freezer.
Here’s a list of foods and the maximum amount of time you should keep them before thawing and using, according to the FDA Safe Guidelines for Freezing Food:
Raw poultry: (whole) 1 year, (parts), 9 months
- Raw meats: 1) Roasts (4-12 months), 2) Steaks (6-12 months), 3) Ground beef (3-4 months)
- Open packs of frozen fruit: 8 months
Raw white fish: 3-6 months
Fatty fish (raw): up to 3 months
Cooked meats: 2-3 months
Poultry and seafood (cooked): 3-6 months
Cooked beans, lentils, and chickpeas: up to 6 months
Rice and pastas (cooked al dente): up to 1 month.
- Fruit in syrup: 12 months
Blanched vegetables: 12 months
Fresh fruits: 12 months
Eggs (out of the shell): 12 months
Unsalted butter: 8 months
Fruit juice: 6 months
Bread: 2-6 months
Cakes: 2-6 months
Stocks: six months
Pastries: 4 months
Salted butter: 4 months
Ice cream: 4 months
Sliced bacon: 3 months
Soups and non-creamy sauces: 2-3 months
Bread dough: 3 months
Milk (for cooking only) – 3-6 months (after that, it may become yellow, absorb odors from the freezer, and taste different).
Nuts (shelled or unshelled) – up to 12 months
Wine: up to 6 months
ARE THESE MEALS REALLY EASY?
Yes! The dishes we have for you below are easy freezer meals because:
- Beginners can easily make them!
- Several are quick and easy-- they take 30 minutes or less to prep and cook.
- Some don't require cooking before freezing.
- Others don't require much chopping of veggies.
- Some recipes call for few staple ingredients -- 5 or less.
- Many are kid-friendly!
WHAT ARE SOME EASY FREEZER MEAL RECIPES TO TRY FOR A BEGINNER?
Whatever your meal plans are, below you will find a list of great freezer meal recipes that are easy to prep and make ahead for your family. Meal planning is a must though!
There are several types of freezing meals in this list:
Healthy freezer meals
Freezer meals for one
Freezer Meals for a month and more
Meals that use different meat cuts.
They all make for great meals on a budget and are prepared with ingredients widely available at local grocery stores. They make the perfect meal prep for busy cooks! Some of my favorites are made in the pressure cooker. Curious about how does a pressure cooker work? Get our cooking time charts and more!
You can prep them ahead, freeze, and then cook at your convenience, or instead you can cook them first, freeze, and then reheat. It’s all up to you!
Are you in a hurry? No worries! These breakfast freezer meals are easy to put together on those busy days, and are still nutritious.
- Caprese Breakfast Egg Cups -- Great to prep ahead, bake, and let cool first. They are gluten-free and keto! Then wrap each one with plastic wrap and foil, and freeze for up to 2 months. To reheat, microwave them for 30-60 seconds or until hot.
- Acai Bowl Recipe -- Blend the 3 ingredients, freeze in a plastic container for up to 6 months, and thaw in the fridge. Top with fruits and enjoy! It's an easy make-ahead breakfast!
- Apple Streusel Muffins -- Be sure to make a double batch when you are baking these, so the second batch can be frozen. That way you can defrost them anytime you feel like having muffins for breakfast. To make this an easy freezer meal, freeze them for up to 3 months-- it takes just 30 seconds to warm these up in the microwave!
- Berry French Toast Casserole -- A delish breakfast option that can be made ahead! Freeze the berries, bread, and liquid mixture in separate freezer bags for up to 1 month. The day before baking, thaw them in the fridge, assemble the casserole, and bake.
- Mango Lime Smoothie Bowl -- Blend the ingredients, freeze in a plastic container for up to 3 months, and thaw in the fridge. Top as desired and enjoy!
- Packed Breakfast Sandwich -- This is an easy make-ahead breakfast for busy mornings. What’s even better is that it takes just a few minutes to prep and 30 minutes to bake. Freeze egg slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper for 30 minutes, then transfer to a large bag OR freeze in individual bags for up to 2 months.
- Coconut Flour Pancakes -- Low carb and baked pancakes that are easy to freeze. To do this, store slices in a freezer bag in a single layer (so that they won’t stick together), for up to 1 month. Thaw them overnight in the fridge, and then heat them in the microwave.
- Mango Coconut Muffins -- Bring the tropics to your mouth! To make these into an easy freezer meal, after baking and cooling, store them in sealable bags, remove air, and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge and enjoy at room temp, or quickly reheat in the microwave!
- Blueberry and Vanilla Yogurt Scones -- These light, mildly sweet scones are perfect for snacks, breakfast or dessert, and freeze very well. To freeze, let the scones cool. Then wrap in plastic wrap and place in a freezer bag. Scones will last for up to 2 months. Thaw in the fridge or at room temperature.
Dinner has never been so easy! You can even plan out a whole month meals, make them ahead, and freeze for later use.
10. Ranch Chicken Thighs -- An easy keto dish that makes a delish family dinner. For an easy freezer meal, freeze these in an airtight container or freezer bag for 2-3 months without the sauce. Thaw in the fridge and then reheat. The same goes if you make this with boneless skinless chicken.
11. Mediterranean Chicken Foil Packets -- Chicken and veggies in a wine sauce that you can freeze in a container for up to 3 months, with the sauce.
12. Pork Fajita Bowl -- Easy, quick, and super delish, these fajitas make dinner an easy task. Freeze in containers for up to 3 months.
13. Honey Mustard Chicken -- An one sheet pan meal with veggies, ideal for busy days. Make this chicken an easy freezer meal by simply freezing in a plastic container for up to 3 months, with the sauce.
14. Roast Chicken Adobo -- This is the most NON boring roast chicken ever. Cut into pieces and freeze in ziploc bags for up to 2 months. Thaw in the fridge and reheat well.
15.Pan Grilled Pork Chops-- The ideal dish for indoor grilling. Simple and tasty! Freeze for 2-3 months in an airtight container, without the sauce.
16. Turkey Taco Rice Skillet -- This makes the perfect easy week dinner. Made with only one pan and topped with a delicious sauce, you’re sure to love it! To freeze, assemble the casserole and let it cool , cover with foil, and freeze for up to 1 month.
17.Honey Soy Chicken -- A one sheet pan meal ideal for busy week days. Freeze in a container for up to 3 months, with the sauce.
18. Chipotle Barbecue Pork Ribs-- Make these on an outdoor grill for your summer get-together. Leftovers? No worries! Freeze for 2-3 months an airtight container, with the sauce.
19. Chinese Barbecue Pork Ribs-- Falling-off the bone tender and tasty Char Siu made in the crock pot and finished by broiling in the oven. Freeze for 2-3 months an airtight container, with the sauce.
20. Brazilian Beef Stew -- Picadinho is a hearty stew that can be made in the slow cooker, pressure cooker or on the stovetop. MAKE IT AN EASY FREEZER MEAL: Freeze in containers for up to 3 months with the broth.
21. Red Wine Pork Ribs -- Grilled in an outdoor grill and basted with a tasty red wine sauce, these make one of the best casual party dishes ever. Freeze for 2-3 months an airtight container, with the sauce.
22. Brazilian Feijoada -- A super hearty black bean and pork stew made in the pressure cooker, slow cooker, or on the stove top. Freeze in airtight containers for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge and reheat well before serving.
23. Brazilian Pork Ribs -- well seasoned, basted with a honey, and baked in the oven, these make finger-licking, tender ribs that will have you coming back for more. Freeze for 2-3 months an airtight container and thaw in the fridge.
24. Beef Brisket -- Cooked slowly until tender, and basted in mildly spicy bbq sauce. So delish! Slice and freeze in airtight containers for up to 3 months, with the sauce. Thaw in the fridge and reheat well before serving.
25. Lentil and Beef Soup -- Slow-cooked and hearty, this is the ideal meal for chilly days. Freeze for 2-3 months in airtight containers and thaw in the fridge.
26. Cabbage Soup -- A low carb, vegetarian, and comforting soup that is ideal for weight loss and detox. Freeze in containers for up to 4-6 months. Thaw in the freezer and reheat.
27. Brazilian Chicken Soup -- Made with rice, chicken, chicken broth, and veggies, this one pot soup is pure comfort. It's my Grandma's recipe! Freeze in containers for up to 2-3 months, without the eggs. Thaw in the freezer and reheat.
28. Caldo Verde Soup -- This is an easy Portuguese soup made with kale, potatoes, and sausage. To make it into a freezer meal, freeze in containers for up to 3 months. Thaw in the freezer and then reheat.
29. Honey Garlic Butter Shrimp -- One pan dinner made in less than 20 minutes. Freeze in an airtight container for up to 2 months. Thaw in the fridge and reheat on medium-low heat.
30. Honey Baked Ham-- Simply the most tender and delish holiday ham ever! For an easy freezer meal, make the ham recipe and cut it into slices. Then freeze in a plastic bag, removing most of the air, and store it in the freezer for up to 4 months. Thaw in the fridge and reheat!
31. Broccoli Ham and Cheese Pop Tarts -- Made with store-bought pie crust and a few ingredients, these make a quick dinner or school lunch. Bake, let them cool, and then freeze for up to 4 months. Thaw in the fridge and reheat in the oven or microwave.
32. Shrimp Coconut Fried Rice -- A quick, one pan meal that is full of flavor. Partially cook the rice, cool, and then freeze meal for up to 1 month. Thaw in the fridge and reheat over medium-low heat.
33. Garlic Parmesan Shrimp and Asparagus -- This is an one sheet pan meal that makes an easy dinner. Cool and freeze for up to 1 month. Thaw in the fridge and reheat over medium-low heat.
34. Sriracha Teriyaki Salmon -- A one pan meal ideal for busy weekdays. Cool and freeze for up to 3 months with the sauce. Thaw in the fridge and reheat.
35. Easy Grilled Salmon -- Easily grilled outdoors in a few minutes, it makes a healthy summer meal. Slice into fillets, store in a container, and freeze for up to 3 months.
36. Homemade Bow Tie Pasta -- Partially cook the pasta, drain, let it cool, and then freeze in a container in a single layer for up to 1 month. Thaw and reheat! Sauce must be frozen separately and mixed before serving.
37. Brazilian Minestrone -- A black bean, pasta, bacon and veggie soup that is pure food for the soul. Cool and freeze for up to 1 month. Thaw in the fridge and reheat.
38. Black Beans and Rice -- Made with sausage, this is one of the most budget-friendly dishes ever. To freeze, place it into containers and store in the freezer for up to 1 month.
39. Beef Oxtail -- A tender and flavorful stew with veggies made either in the slow cooker or pressure cooker. To freeze, place into containers and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
40. Vegetarian Feijoada-- A classic Brazilian dish made vegan or vegetarian. It is healthy, high in fiber , and high in protein. Easily freeze it in containers for up to 6 months. Then just thaw and reheat well!
MORE DINNER MEAL RECIPES
41. Black Beans -- One of the most delicious side dishes made 2 different ways. Great for freezing in containers for up to 6 months. You may use leftovers to transform into other dishes.
42. Roasted Delicata Squash -- Another tasty side dish for the fall or holidays that can be frozen in bags for up to 3 months.
43. Garlic Pork Loin with Wine Sauce -- One of the easiest dishes to make, and so delish. Make it an easy freezer meal: Freeze any leftovers in an airtight container with the sauce for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge!
44. Beet Pasta Mushroom Tortellini -- A pasta from scratch with a beet dough and mushroom filling that will make your eyes and taste buds dance. Prepare it, freeze in an airtight container in a single layer for up to 1 month, and then cook right before serving; otherwise the mushroom may become mushy.
45. Ricotta and Asiago Tortellini -- Also made from scratch, this pasta has a double cheese filling. Cook al dente only, drain well, freeze in an airtight container in a single layer, thaw in the fridge, and reheat before eating. Or, you can make, freeze for up to 1 month, and then cook before eating.
46. Instant Pot Beef Barbacoa -- Tender, tasty, and moist, you can freeze any leftovers along with some of the cooking liquid for up to 2 months. Thaw in the fridge and reheat well.
47. Vietnamese Pork Chops -- Tangy and slightly spicy marinated Vietnamese style pork chops that will make your mouth water! Freeze the meat with the marinade. Then thaw in the fridge before cooking, or cook and freeze leftovers for up to 2 months.
48. Gnocchi alla Romana -- Semolina based gnocchi Roman style, topped with butter and Parmigiano Reggiano and baked until golden brown. To freeze before baking, simply cover the baking dish with foil and freeze. To cook them, just bake them from frozen. They may require a couple of extra minutes in the oven to brown.
49. Rosemary Pot Roast -- Put slow-cooked roast, rosemary and veggies in a freezer bag and freeze for up to 12 months. Then thaw in the fridge and reheat!
50. Vegan Curried Carrot Soup -- This soup has such a vibrant color, creamy texture, and yummy taste. Plus, it’s gluten-free and freezer friendly! Let it cool, place in plastic bags, removing air as much as possible, and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge and reheat over low heat.
51. Crockpot Honey Dijon Chicken -- Juicy chicken and mushrooms, cooked all day in a garlicky honey-Dijon-wine sauce. Put the raw chicken and veggies (without mushrooms) in a large resealable bag and freeze for up to 9 months. Then, when ready, add to the slow cooker with wine. It can go straight from the freezer into the slow cooker.
52. Gourmet Meatloaf with Mozzarella -- Gourmet Meatloaf with Mozzarella is also stuffed with Parmesan cheese, onion, and fresh basil. Plus, it uses oatmeal, so it’s healthier and gluten-free. Combine everything together, and shape the meatloaf in the desired pan. Cover with plastic wrap and then foil. Store in the freezer for up to 4 months for the best results.
53. Baked Salisbury Steak --This recipe is baked in the oven. After cooking, let it cool, and double wrap with foil on top. Then into the freezer it goes for up to 2 months. Thaw and reheat!
54. Stacked Burrito Pie -- Layer high and bake. Cover with plastic wrap and then foil, and store in the freezer for up to 2 months. You can cook it from frozen! It's like layered breakfast burritos or enchiladas, but for dinner!
55. Crustless Quiche --A make ahead and bake quiche. For this, add leftovers to a plastic freezer bag, seal tightly, removing excess air, and store flat in the freezer for up to 2 months!
56. Herb Crusted Chicken -- Brush a mustard sauce over chicken breasts and press Parmesan herb breading on top. To make ahead and freeze, assemble, but don't cook the chicken. Freeze in a baking dish that is covered for up to 2 months. Defrost overnight and cook.
57. Veggie Pasta Bake --A vegetarian pasta casserole. To freeze, assemble ingredients and cook, let it cool, and then freeze for up to 1 month. Or, freeze before cooking.
58. Instant Pot Pumpkin Curry -- You can create a freezer meal by adding all of the ingredients, uncooked, into a freezer bag or a container and freezing for up to 2 months. Then just remove that from the container and add it to the Instant Pot when you’re ready to cook.
59. Vegan Shepherd's Pie -- Great for meal prep, and also for freezing. For an easy freezer meal, store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Or, in the freezer you can freeze small portions for up to 3 months.
60. Instant Pot Turkey Sloppy Joes -- You can make these with leftovers, and then freeze in an airtight container for up to 4 months.
61. Instant Pot Rojo Fiesta Chicken -- Double the sauce recipe and place in the freezer for up to 2 months. Then, pull it out of the freezer, add to the pressure cooker, and cook.
62. Moroccan Split Pea Soup -- This 3-ingredient split pea soup recipe is so simple yet so delish! Store in an airtight container and freeze for up to 2 months.
63. Beef Cheek Ragu -- Tender, moist, and delish. After cooking and cooling, freeze in a plastic container or bag for up to 2-3 months.
64. Mushroom Risotto Burger-- Freeze the patties in a single layer on a baking sheet, and once solid, transfer to a sealed container or large freezer bag, layering the burgers with parchment paper in between. Freeze for up to 1 month.
65. Vegan Chana Masala -- A one-pot Indian dish that is packed with plant protein and flavor, and is perfect for meal prep. To make it a freezer meal, allow it to cool completely, then transfer to an airtight container and freeze for up to 1 month.
66. Red Lentil and Carrot Soup -- A dairy-free soup that is perfect for a chilly winter day. Let cool, transfer to an airtight container, and store in the fridge for 1 month. Let defrost in the fridge overnight before reheating.
67. Chicken and Wild Rice Soup -- This creamy soup is what your family needs on chilly fall or winter days. Freeze in a freezer-safe container after cooking and cooling for up to 2 months. When ready to reheat, simply let thaw slightly and transfer to your stove top pot on low.
68. Stuffed Shells -- Assemble this cheesy pasta ahead of time (pasta must be cooked al dente), wrap in plastic and then cover with foil, and freeze for up to 1 month. Bake and enjoy! The same process goes for baked ziti!
69. Sausage Lasagna -- Layered with lots of fresh basil, three gooey cheeses, and sweet & spicy Italian sausage, this recipe is easy to freeze for up to 3 months and reheat.
70. Turmeric Soup -- After cooking and cooling, place in a freezer-safe container and freeze for up to 1 month.
71. Sweet Potato Soup with Butter Beans -- This soup freezes nicely for up to 2 months. Pour the leftovers into freezer bags or freezer-safe containers and label with the date. When you want some, place the soup bag in the fridge until thawed, transfer to a pan, and reheat on the stovetop or microwave.
72. Smoked Pork Butt -- You can freeze shredded pork after it cools by placing the pork in a large freezer bag and storing in the freezer for up to 3 months.
73. Chicken Orzo Soup -- The perfect comfort food for cold nights! Make it an easy freezer meal: freeze any leftovers in an airtight container or heavy duty plastic bag for up to 1 month.
74. Veggie Lentil Spinach Lasagna -- Let this veggie lasagne cool before freezing. Wrap it tightly in baking paper first, followed by foil for extra protection. Freeze for up to 3 months.
75. Freezer Burritos -- If you are looking for an easy and delish meal that you can make-ahead, then freezer burritos are for you! To freeze, cool and wrap in parchment or wax paper. Seal in ziplock bags and freeze for up to 1 month.
76. Healthy Chicken Broccoli Soup -- Creamy and luscious, this soup will warm your soul. It freezes well for up to 2 months.
77. Meatloaf Muffins -- This Cheesy Mini Meatloaf is a fun and easy dinner that’s perfect for freezing. Just pop the baked or unbaked meatloaf onto a baking tray and freeze for 1 hour, then wrap with plastic wrap and place in a freezer bag for up to 2 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight and bake as usual.
78. Low Carb Korean Barbecue -- Simply freeze all of the uncooked ingredients together for up to 2 months and, when you’re ready to eat, cook it in your Instant Pot or slow cooker.
79. Chickpea Vegetable Soup -- A hearty and healthy veggie soup, it freezes well in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
80. Baked Turkey Meatballs -- You can cook a big batch, let them cool, and them pop into the freezer for up to 3 months.
81. Keto Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash Casserole-- Let's ditch the carbs! Bake, cool, top with foil, and freeze for 2-3 months. You can reheat right from frozen for 30-40 minutes in the oven, or thaw first and bake for 15-20 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
82. Vegan Eggplant Chickpea Peanut Curry -- Rich and creamy curry that you can freeze in a container for up to 2 months. Defrost in the fridge and reheat on low.
83. Zucchini Roll Ups -- a meatless casserole loaded with cheese that is sure to please a crowd. For an easy freezer meal: After assembling, wrap tightly with plastic wrap and foil, and then freeze for up 2 months. Thaw in the fridge and bake.
84. Stuffed Pepper Soup -- A creative and delish soup made with cauliflower rice, ground beef and veggies that can be frozen for up to 2 months.
85. Beef Stroganoff -- A healthy version of the classic, made in the slow cooker. It's one of those make-ahead freezer meals that will please a crowd. Make without the sour cream or yogurt, let it cool, and then freeze in a freezer container for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator and then mix in the sour cream and reheat over low heat. This way prevents the sour cream from turning grainy.
86. Chicken Stroganoff -- A classic made with chicken, this meal freezes well without the heavy cream. Make, allow to cool, and then freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge and mix in the sour cream just before reheating over low heat.
PIN & ENJOY!