Slow Cooker Lean Pork Stroganoff
Slow Cooker Lean Pork Stroganoff is an easy and comforting dish ideal for those busy weekdays. It can be served over egg noodles or accompanied by a hard crusted bread.
- 3 pounds pork boneless stew meat thawed and pat dry
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (plus 2 tablespoons for later) or half the amount of cornstarch for a GF version
- 2 teaspoons salt or more if desired
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 large white or yellow onion small diced
- 2 large garlic cloves minced
- 2 cups low sodium chicken or vegetable broth, divided
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 8 oz sliced white mushrooms
- A few sprigs of fresh thyme optional
- 1/2 cup light sour cream or nonfat Greek yogurt
- Fresh parsley optional
Place pork meat in a large bowl and reserve.
Mix 1/4 cup of flour with 1 teaspoon of salt, pepper, and paprika in a small bowl. Dust mixture over the pork meat and mix well until pork pieces are covered with the flour mixture.
Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large non-stick skillet. Add the pork meat and let brown for about 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Transfer the pork meat to a slow cooker and add the onion and garlic. Reserve 1/2 cup of broth and add the rest to the slow cooker.
Stir in the wine, tomato paste, and remaining 1 teaspoon of salt . Add the mushrooms and fresh thyme. Set the timer on high for 4 hours
Remove thyme sprigs. Dissolve the remaining 2 Tablespoons of flour in the 1/2 cup reserved broth, stirring until no lumps of flour are found. Add to the slow cooker and stir until sauce thickens. Stir in sour cream/yogurt.
Serve over egg noodles, or over white rice garnished with fresh parsley and accompanied by shoestring potatoes. Enjoy!
- Alternatively, a hard crusted bread can accompany the Slow Cooker Lean Pork Stroganoff instead.
- To make this stew gluten-free, omit flour completely. Use 1 TBSP cornstarch instead of the 2 TBSP of flour dissolved in the broth to thicken the sauce.
Calories: 319kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 99mg | Sodium: 1227mg | Potassium: 702mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 185IU | Vitamin C: 3.6mg | Calcium: 53mg | Iron: 2.4mg
Comment and rate the recipe. Also follow us on Pinterest at @easyanddelish for more delish recipes.