Brazilian Coconut Kisses (Beijinhos de Coco)
These Brazilian Coconut Kisses are coconut fudge balls made from only 4 ingredients in less than 30 minutes They are a must-have for parties and also for garnishing cakes!!! I served them as "snow balls" at a FROZEN theme party.
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk 14-ounce or 396 g
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes plus more for dredging
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter softened (plus more for greasing a plate and your hands)
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract optional
- Cloves for garnishing optional
Mix the condensed milk, coconut flakes, and butter together.
Cook in a medium non-stick saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture starts to show the bottom of the pan when you scrape it with your wood spoon (about 7 minutes).
When coconut kisses 'dough' is ready, remove from the heat, mix in the vanilla extract, and spread mixture onto a greased plate.
Let cool to room temperature before starting to roll them into balls with greased hands. Use a 1/2 Tablespoon as measurement. Then, dredge gently in the coconut flakes until totally covered.
Place into paper bonbon cups. Stick a clove atop (center) of each coconut kiss if desired. NOTE: The clove is only for decoration and must be removed right before eating!!!
- Store coconut kisses into a clean airtight container for up to 2 days at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Love fudge? Try our Chocolate Fudge Balls (Brigadeiros)
Calories: 64kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 26mg | Potassium: 63mg | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 50IU | Vitamin C: 0.3mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 0.1mg
Comment and rate the recipe. Also follow us on Pinterest at @easyanddelish for more delish recipes.