Running out of ideas for quick yet wholesome weeknight dinner meals? No worries… we’ve got you covered! This easy Shrimp Coconut Fried Rice with simple ingredients can be prepared within 30 minutes, making the perfect dish for those busy days. Yes, it is happiness in a pan!
Our shrimp coconut fried rice basically consists of shrimp, vegetables, mango, coconut oil, a soy sauce mixture, and Success® White Rice — which is the ORIGINAL no measure, no mess, boil-in-bag rice that cooks perfectly every time and is ready in 10 minutes. One of the advantages of this white rice is that after cooking it can sit in hot water for up to 30 minutes before serving, making it foolproof. Additionally, it contains complex carbohydrates and is gluten free, cholesterol free, sodium free, and non-GMO. 🙂
Success® Rice is available in 4 varieties: Success® Whole Grain Brown Rice, Success® White Rice, and globally inspired aromatic varieties of Success® Rice, including fragrant Thai Jasmine and Basmati Rice. As you can see, there is a variety that everyone in your family will love! Each of them is convenient, and can be made on the stove or in the microwave without sacrificing great taste or quality. It’s a great pantry staple that can be used to make a variety of meals – for breakfast, lunch or dinner… as well as to prepare this shrimp coconut fried rice.
All of these varieties are conveniently packaged in pre-measured colander-style bags — and contain no additives or preservatives. They are available at grocery retailers nationwide and have an average retail price of $2.45 for 14 oz., making them accessible and affordable for our families.
But that’s not all! You can count on hundreds of other delicious and easy recipe ideas — as well as special offers and more: just join the Riceipe Club® here.
Their sweepstakes has me grinning from ear to ear because one of you could be the lucky winner of a $100 Visa gift card. All you have to do is comment on our post, letting me know:
What’s your favorite dish to cook with your preferred variety of rice?
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#Sweeps” and “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the [email protected] email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 7/19/16 – 9/30/16
Be sure to visit the brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!
For now, enjoy our colorful and yummy shrimp coconut fried rice.
OUR GIVEAWAY WINNER WAS MAMI2JCN. CONGRATULATIONS!!!
- 2 bags Success® Boil-in-Bag White Rice (makes 4 cups)
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper pepper
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable or peanut oil
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp (peeled, deveined, tail off)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, de-seeded and diced
- 2-3 Tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes (optional but recommended)
- 1 cup frozen mango cubes
- ⅓ cup chopped cilantro (or parsley)
- Cook the rice according to the instructions in the package, about 8-10 minutes.
- While rice is cooking, cook the other ingredients. Start by whisking together soy sauce, ginger powder, and black pepper in a small bowl; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat both the coconut oil and vegetable or peanut oil over medium heat. Add shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3-4 minutes or just until turning pink; season with salt and pepper to taste and place on a plate or in a bowl using a slotted spoon.
- Add the onion and bell pepper to the skillet, and cook over medium-low to medium heat, stirring often, until vegetables have softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in the coconut flakes and then the cubes of mango and cook, stirring constantly, for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the reserved soy sauce mixture and let heat for about 1 minute. Then add the rice and cook, stirring constantly, for about 2 minutes or until heated through. Stir in the cooked shrimp and adjust the salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the cilantro/parsley. Serve the shrimp coconut fried rice immediately.