Disclaimer: Thanks to Parma Ham for sponsoring this post.
What a busy time of year!!! Thanksgiving is already knocking at the door and Christmas will arrive soon, too. Around this time of year people are traveling everywhere, shopping, planning, and preparing wonderful meals to share with family and friends…. And by the way, while we are on the subject of food– it is always good to keep something delicious at the ready, that you can whip up ASAP. Do you think that because I am a Chef, I don’t keep an easy ace up my sleeve? Oh yes, I do! This year it will be none other than a festive, naturally gluten-free appetizer: Bruleed Pears with Prosciutto, Cranberry Sauce, and Goat Cheese.
Just thinking about these bruleed pears with prosciutto (also known as Parma ham) makes my mouth water and produces a big smile. They are gorgeous, festive, and ridiculously easy and quick to make. Our Bruleed pears with prosciutto are the ideal appetizer for entertaining guests without stressing out the cook. I can already foresee the smile on your face!
The only item that needs to be cooked is the cranberry sauce, which can be made in advance. All that is needed for the rest is just assembly. In these bruleed pears with prosciutto, you and your guests will be delighted by the contrast of differing textures (such as the crunchiness of the pears versus the softness of the cheese), as well as by the combination of different flavors: Tart from both the pears and cranberry sauce, sweet from the bruleed sugar, salty from the amazing prosciutto, and spicy from the pepper…
Our bruleed pears with prosciutto or Parma ham recipe is suitable for either Thanksgiving and Christmas due to its ingredients. I am telling you, this is one of the best “aces up your sleeve” that you could ever have…
Oh, and that’s not all!!! Did you know that if you follow Parma Ham on Twitter you also have the chance to win $50 worth of the world’s most famous ham? Click on the banner at the bottom of this post to participate.
"Pass the Prosciutto - Bruleed Pears with Prosciutto, Cranberry Sauce, and Goat Cheese"
- 3 fresh Asian pears
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 6 tablespoons light brown sugar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 12 slices of prosciutto or Parma ham
- 3/4 cup cranberry sauce
- Crumbled goat cheese
- Sprigs of thyme
- On a cutting board, slice pears to make 4 rounds from each pear. Remove the core from each round using a melon baller or sharp spoon.
- Dip pear slices into lemon juice diluted 1:10 with water to keep them from browning. Pat dry, place each round on a platter, and sprinkle 1/2 tablespoon of light brown sugar on top of each round. Using a culinary torch, brulée (brown) the sugar. Sprinkle a dash of pepper and top with a slice of prosciutto. Spoon 1 tablespoon of the cranberry sauce on top of each and sprinkle a little goat cheese on each piece. Garnish with a sprig of thyme. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Follow Parma Ham on Twitter for a chance to win $50 worth of the world’s most famous ham. Click on the banner below to participate. This post is a collaboration between the blogger and Parma Ham.
bruleed pears with Parma ham