Chicken Casserole Nests
- For the sauce:
- 5 cups of your favorite store-bought tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ¼ cup white wine optional
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves or 1-2 teaspoons of dried
- For the pasta nests:
- 8 fettuccine nests uncooked (pick the nests that have a wider opening in the center)
- 1/2 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat provolone or mild cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup frozen peas
- 1/2 pound Tyson Trimmed and Ready Chicken Breast Tenderloin 8 ounces
- 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Grated Parmesan cheese to sprinkle optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (about 180 degrees C).
- Prepare the sauce: In a medium stainless steel saucepan, mix together all ingredients until combined and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Pour into a large Pyrex or casserole dish, and set aside.
- For the pasta nests: Arrange uncooked pasta nests on top of the hot tomato sauce, keeping each a bit of a distance from the others. Using a spoon, ladle some of the hot tomato sauce over each nest to moisten. In a medium bowl, mix together the cheeses and peas, and set aside.
- Pat dry the chicken with paper towels and cut into small pieces. Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper. In a medium non-stick skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat and brown the chicken (about 2-3 minutes). Mix into the cheese-pea mixture. Spoon cheese-chicken mixture into the raw pasta nests. Cover baking dish tightly with aluminum foil (If necessary, grease the interior of the sheet with non-stick cooking spray in order to avoid the cheeses sticking to the foil). Bake for about 40-45 minutes. Remove foil and sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese on top of the pasta nests if desired. Serve chicken casserole nests hot (2 nests per person). A fresh salad or steamed vegetables, if desired, can accompany chicken casserole nests. Enjoy our chicken casserole nests!!!
Sweepstakes Rules: No duplicate comments. You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the [email protected] email address. You will have 72 hours to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected. The Official Rules are available here. This sweepstakes runs from 8/27 – 10/26. Be sure to visit the Tyson Fresh Chicken brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts! * Minimally processed. No artificial ingredients. **Federal regulations prohibit the use of added hormones or steroids in chicken.