This is the week before the 4th of July… and we will be celebrating our Independence Day with these super-refreshing, creamy, and delicious Berry Coconut Yogurt Popsicles. But in light of their red, white, and blue colors, why don’t we simply call them Patriotic Fruit Popsicles to make it easy? 🙂
They are also part of a blogger challenge (#paletaweek) — and I am pretty excited at having been invited by Lola from Lola’s Cocina to participate, along with many other great Latin bloggers. This means that instead of just one recipe, you can also get many other popsicle recipes to enjoy this entire summer. You can check the whole list on the link above.
Our Berry Coconut Yogurt Popsicles are gluten-free and a crowd-pleaser. They will make your barbecue, picnic, or even the most unpretentious snacktime a happy time.
All you have to do is blend strawberries and blueberries separately with water and sugar, or any other sweetener of your choice. Next, layer these two fruit mixtures with a mix of yogurt and coconut milk, swirl to give the pops a cool effect, and then freeze. You can either serve them plain…
Or alternatively, right before serving, you can decorate them with star-shaped sprinkles… and wow whoever eats them.
It is all up to you and the occasion where they will be served! To make your celebration yummier and even more fun, take a look at our other mouthwatering 4th of July Dish Recipes.
HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY, AMERICA!
Berry Coconut Yogurt Popsicles (Patriotic Fruit Popsicles )
- 1 1/3 cups chopped strawberries
- 9 tablespoons sugar divided (honey or a sugar substitute can be used instead)
- 1/2 cup water divided
- 1 1/3 cups blueberries
- 3/4 cup plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup either full-fat or light canned coconut milk or regular milk and 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- Star sprinkles optional
- In a food processor or blender, process/blend well the strawberries with 3 tablespoons of sugar and 1/4 cup of water, and reserve. Separately, process/blend well the blueberries with 3 tablespoons of sugar and 1/4 cup of water and reserve. In a small bowl, stir in well the yogurt with the coconut milk and the remaining 3 tablespoons of sugar and set aside.
- Place 2 tablespoons of the processed strawberry mixture into each popsicle mold. Then, spoon 2 tablespoons of the yogurt mixture on top, followed by 2 tablespoons of the blueberry mixture. Use a long skewer or butter knife to swirl fruits a bit. Insert popsicle sticks in the center and freeze until completely frozen (8 hours or more).
- To remove popsicles from the mold, run warm water around the molds and let sit at room temperature for about 5 minutes. If desired, serve them decorated with star sprinkles, and enjoy these patriotic fruit popsicles!
** Nutrition labels on easyanddelish.com are for educational purposes only. This info is provided as a courtesy and is only an estimate, since the nutrition content of recipes can vary based on ingredient brand or source, portion sizes, recipe changes/variations, and other factors. We suggest making your own calculations using your preferred calculator, based on which ingredients you use, or consulting with a registered dietitian to determine nutritional values more precisely.
Please note that health-focused and diet information provided on easyanddelish.com is for educational purposes and does not constitute medical advice, nor is it intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease. Consult with your doctor or other qualified health professional prior to initiating any significant change in your diet or exercise regimen, or for any other issue necessitating medical advice.